MSC website shows I owe money but I DONT

skyking

Hello All, 

We are going on the May 29th sailing on the Virtuoso and I have been pain in full since March. 

Today when I logged into the website I noticed the COMPLETE PAYMENT was there and it shows I owe 837.41 which there is NO way since I made final payment. 

I called my TA right away and he called and confirmed with them we are PAID in full and they sent him an invoice showing show. 

I also called and they helped me and also confirmed they show me paid in full. 

I dont want to show up to the pier in Southampton on the 29th and have any issues at all, so I am wondering has anyone seen this before? 

It's driving me crazy.

We are checked in and I have all the boarding documents and everything else seems normal on the site, am I a victim on the dreaded MSC IT? 

23 minutes ago, skyking said:

....I called my TA right away and he called and confirmed with them we are PAID in full and they sent him an invoice showing show. 

I also called and they helped me and also confirmed they show me paid in full....

You are actually confirming this is a non-issue....time to chill. 😉

• Like 1

We will soon be on the Meraviglia. Same thing happened to us. I called and was told the port charges increased. This was after my paid in full payment. The customer service rep managed to fix it. Don't worry. Just make sure you have a copy of your final payment invoice with you when you board for added peace of mind.

Lord have mercy.  How about instead of all of those requested onboard donations to "save the oceans" (or whatever) we all chip in a few bucks to FIX MSC'S IT Department?? I'm in for a $20 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Same thing happened to me for my May 8 Seascape sailing. I had been paid in full for 2 months, had my T/A ask MSC about the cost to add someone to the cabin (not actually add anyone). The next day the website showed I owed over $ 500. The T/A was told they repriced it to the current rate since I “changed” my booking by just asking how much to add someone to my cabin. It took 3 weeks and multiple emails, but the T/A finally got MSC to reverse the additional charge and show it as paid in full. It seems anytime someone at MSC opens or looks at a reservation for any reason, their system re-prices it to the current rate.

My T/A said she was done with MSC and would never book a cruise with them for anyone going forward. She said there are issues every time she has booked MSC for someone.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:14 PM, skyking said:

Hello All, 

We are going on the May 29th sailing on the Virtuoso and I have been pain in full since March. 

Today when I logged into the website I noticed the COMPLETE PAYMENT was there and it shows I owe 837.41 which there is NO way since I made final payment. 

I called my TA right away and he called and confirmed with them we are PAID in full and they sent him an invoice showing show. 

I also called and they helped me and also confirmed they show me paid in full. 

I dont want to show up to the pier in Southampton on the 29th and have any issues at all, so I am wondering has anyone seen this before? 

It's driving me crazy.

We are checked in and I have all the boarding documents and everything else seems normal on the site, am I a victim on the dreaded MSC IT? 

I have had this happen as well.  Was told I am all set, just to get a cancellation email a few days prior to sailing for non payment.

We lost our cabin and perks.

Had to pay the extra money and was put back on but lost $200 OBC.

MSC would not do anything. They did remove the DSC to compensate me for the OBC. So they screwed the crew over.  90 days later never got the overcharge back so did a credit card dispute.

Stay on top of it.  Ask the TA to have MSC send you a current confirmation to be safe. You are not sailing with MSC united states', keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have had this happen as well.  Was told I am all set, just to get a cancellation email a few days prior to sailing for non payment.

We lost our cabin and perks.

Had to pay the extra money and was put back on but lost $200 OBC.

MSC would not do anything. They did remove the DSC to compensate me for the OBC. So they screwed the crew over.  90 days later never got the overcharge back so did a credit card dispute.

Stay on top of it.  Ask the TA to have MSC send you a current confirmation to be safe. You are not sailing with MSC united states', keep that in mind.

UGGGGGH this is exactly what I am afraid of and this alone right here makes me want to pay it and fight it later. 

We are going to Europe next week and they keep telling him we are paid in full, but I have this fear of this happening.   We are in the YC in a duplex and the moment that cancels (If it does) it will go to a bid and the YC is full.   

On 5/17/2023 at 9:53 AM, Morgsmom said:

Lord have mercy.  How about instead of all of those requested onboard donations to "save the oceans" (or whatever) we all chip in a few bucks to FIX MSC'S IT Department?? I'm in for a $20 😆

Nice idea, but money won't help right away.  The entire IT staff is very busy right now with all of their end of school activities.  It may get worse next year, as they transition from half-day kindergarten to full-day first grade.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Nice idea, but money won't help right away.  The entire IT staff is very busy right now with all of their end of school activities.  It may get worse next year, as they transition from half-day kindergarten to full-day first grade.

OMG, just spit out my coffee.  YOU WIN THE DAY!

5 hours ago, skyking said:

UGGGGGH this is exactly what I am afraid of and this alone right here makes me want to pay it and fight it later. 

We are going to Europe next week and they keep telling him we are paid in full, but I have this fear of this happening.   We are in the YC in a duplex and the moment that cancels (If it does) it will go to a bid and the YC is full.   

I too was in YC in a deluxe suite and lost my nice cabin. I ended up back in YC but directly under the pool deck buffet so every morning they dragged all that furniture they put away the night before and set it up.

16 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I too was in YC in a deluxe suite and lost my nice cabin. I ended up back in YC but directly under the pool deck buffet so every morning they dragged all that furniture they put away the night before and set it up.

After I saw your post yesterday I paid it.  Didn't want to risk getting to Southampton next Sat and getting a cancellation email out of the blue two days before the cruise.   

I am much less stressed:)