Is Paradise Beach safe to leave your belongings on your beach chair/pool lounge/cabana?

Mountaineer0313

Going in January on a irls trip with my mom and sister. We are planning on doing the AI at Paradise Beach and renting a Cabana. We will all have a bag of the regular beach stuff, plus phones, wallets, and I will have my insulin pump controller and medical supplies. I do have a waterproof fanny pack in case I need to keep valuable  stuff on me at all times, but if we all get up and go in the pool or on the water toys, is it safe to leave our stuff at our chairs? Obviously I don't want to have anything stolen, but having my insulin pump controller stolen is not optional lol.

Just now, Mountaineer0313 said:

Going in January on a irls trip with my mom and sister. We are planning on doing the AI at Paradise Beach and renting a Cabana. We will all have a bag of the regular beach stuff, plus phones, wallets, and I will have my insulin pump controller and medical supplies. I do have a waterproof fanny pack in case I need to keep valuable  stuff on me at all times, but if we all get up and go in the pool or on the water toys, is it safe to leave our stuff at our chairs? Obviously I don't want to have anything stolen, but having my insulin pump controller stolen is not optional lol.

While I have never had a problem while there, and have been there often, I don't think anywhere is safe.  I suggest getting a locking bag.  Kyss is a good one. 

2 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Wouldn't they then just steal the whole bag?

No you can lock not only what is inside the bag, but you can lock the back to an object that won't move.  For instance the handle of the bag opens up, you wrap it around something like a chair or pole, and relock it.  Go look at the website.

7 minutes ago, tw67 said:

No you can lock not only what is inside the bag, but you can lock the back to an object that won't move.  For instance the handle of the bag opens up, you wrap it around something like a chair or pole, and relock it.  Go look at the website.

Oh, how cool. Going to look now.

• Like 1

I received mine as a gift from a good friend.  They come in different sizes.  I also own another one I think it is called a Coolbag.  It is also nice, but heavier.  Has an insulated spot on the bottom of the bag for two wine bottles.  But if you add to wine bottles, it is then even heavier!!!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 10:42 AM, Mountaineer0313 said:

It is impossible for anyone to know the answer, since you would have to know exactly who is at Paradise Beach at any given time.  If you are concerned about having anything stolen, don’t walk away from the item.  Take the same precautions that you would take anywhere in a public area, regardless of country.

14 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

It is impossible for anyone to know the answer, since you would have to know exactly who is at Paradise Beach at any given time.  If you are concerned about having anything stolen, don’t walk away from the item.  Take the same precautions that you would take anywhere in a public area, regardless of country.

I was asking for general safety. Obviously, at the beach, there are things you cannot take in the water. So simply “not walking away” from them would make going to a beach/pool pointless. 

45 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

I was asking for general safety. Obviously, at the beach, there are things you cannot take in the water. So simply “not walking away” from them would make going to a beach/pool pointless. 

Not really understanding “general safety” when it comes to belongings but a locker seems like your best bet (although inconvenient in many ways). Alternative would be to not have everyone in group go in the water at the same time. 

Paradise Beach is a big location with different areas. The water toys are a long way from the cabanas.

I agree with above comments, it is be impossible to know if your items would be safe. Personally I wouldn’t leave anything I would miss unattended. Maybe carry your valuables and put your pump in a locker, (although not sure what kind of lockers they are so care with heat) or the locked bag which many use.

Edited by c-leg5