Eclipse Recent Sailings

mcrcruiser

Thinking of booking 2 cruises on Eclipse into a handicap  balcony  .

From any one who has sailed Eclipse in the last month to 6 weeks  how was the food ,service & entertainment  

YIA for your replies

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

Thinking of booking 2 cruises on Eclipse into a handicap  balcony  .

From any one who has sailed Eclipse in the last month to 6 weeks  how was the food ,service & entertainment  

YIA for your replies

We were on the Eclipse from Apr 19 - May 21 and had a great time, and the entertainment was awesome! So after looking at my above thread, I’ll try to answer any specific questions you may have. We were in an Aqua cabin. 

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Just booked Eclipse in Aqua suite #1547 for next year. How was the food in Blu? A little concerned because DH is a picky meat & potatoes guy. First time in Aqua usually Concierge class. 

We enjoyed it. But you can also order off the MDR menu if you don't like what you see on the Blu menu.

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We enjoyed it. But you can also order off the MDR menu if you don't like what you see on the Blu menu.

That’s good. Have you ordered from MDR menu, if so, was food hot? We try not to eat in MDR because food served is barely warm. 

21 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

That’s good. Have you ordered from MDR menu, if so, was food hot? We try not to eat in MDR because food served is barely warm. 

My DW ordered mostly the soup from the MDR, especially their Lobster Bisque, and it was always hot when it arrived. 

Also, we always sat at a table for 2 and had the same server and assistant our entire 33-day cruise, which IMHO also helped to get our food delivered hot.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

We just returned from the Honolulu to Vancouver sailing and had an interior room so ate in the MDR each night.  The servers we interacted with each night were some of the best we have had and overall, I really enjoyed most of the food we ordered.  We had anytime dining but managed to sit in the same section each night.  The only real service issue we had in the MDR was the one night the maitre'd decided to take my pre-order (I have a dietary restriction).  He didn't get my order right at all and so not everything I wanted was made special for me the next night.  Our normal waiter bent over backwards to find me foods I could eat that night and then made sure to handle my order each night after that.

Between the two rooms in our travel party, we had two different room stewards and both were excellent.  

We really enjoyed the show Amade but I didn't get to a lot of the other entertainment.  We tend to enjoy more quiet days and evenings just relaxing and enjoying the sea.  I do wish they had music (like the strings duo or the guitarist we had on board) earlier in the afternoon.  But if you like trivia and game shows, there were tons of them throughout the whole cruise.

Overall, we really enjoyed the cruise and I would book the Eclipse again.

• Like 1

We boarded the Eclipse on March 10th and left on April 19th.  We were on for a series of four legs.  We couldn't book the same suite for all four legs so had a Celebrity Suite for one and the same Sky Suite for the remaining three legs.  We had two different stateroom attendants, and three butlers.  

Both suites were in good condition with what was clearly some new soft goods.  No flaking paint on the balconies, and both Suite had sheer curtains.  Both stateroom attendants were excellent.  All three butlers were also excellent.  The meals and service in Luminae was again excellent.

While some of the decor is looking dated the ship was clean.  My one "beef" is that one of the sinks in the woman's mid-ship restroom on deck 5 was inoperable the entire time we were on the ship.  Given the importance of hand washing I found that rather curious.  But I also would not hesitate to book the Eclipse and indeed we are booked again for a month in 2024.