September in Bermuda

bill11466

7 minutes ago, bill11466 said:

What is the weather like in Bermuda in early September to middle of month. This will be first time there cruising on magic in September.

Usually two or three Hs!!  Hazy. hot, and humid, or just hot and humid!!

1 hour ago, bill11466 said:

What is the weather like in Bermuda in early September to middle of month. This will be first time there cruising on magic in September.

The weather in Bermuda is pretty good then. Also great water temp. The only reason I stopped doing Bermuda in September is that because it is hurricane season I had a couple of cruises disrupted.  The hurricanes did not end up hitting Bermuda but they were along the US east coast so the ships had to make course changes. A litle too much stress for me.

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Usually two or three Hs!!  Hazy. hot, and humid, or just hot and humid!!

My experience has been that the end of August and first week of September are somewhat humid but by the middle of September the humidity drops and the temp is dropping too. Of course the weather can vary but September is when heat and humidity are going down. August is the very hot and humid month in Bermuda. 

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

My experience has been that the end of August and first week of September are somewhat humid but by the middle of September the humidity drops and the temp is dropping too. Of course the weather can vary but September is when heat and humidity are going down. August is the very hot and humid month in Bermuda. 

Our first cruise to Bermuda was in 2010. Second week of September. Humidity and temperature were oppressive. Next year, 2011, went a little later, last week of September to a few days in October. Still too much on the warm side. So then started going last week of October or first week of November. Weather is almost perfect, so much more enjoyable.And hurricane season is over!

Obviously, you can't predict future weather on past statistics. But when historically Bermuda runs about 85 degrees in September, I would take that to mean there is a very good chance that you will have hot and humid weather!

So now NCL ( We only cruise NCL from Boston. Less than an hours drive, and no flying!)  has curtailed fall cruises to Bermuda from Beantown, in favor of more (evidently) profitable cruises to Northern New England/ Canada. Our only choice now, to beat the weather, is to cruise in April or early May.

7 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Our only choice now, to beat the weather, is to cruise in April or early May.

You could try Oceania Insignia from New York which is sailing the last few weeks of September this year-- still in the NCL family, more upscale and smaller ships, and you dock in both St Georges and downtown Hamilton which in my experience is vastly superior to docking for several days at the Royal Naval Dockyard with the bigger ships. 

Amtrak down from Boston is easy and you still don't have to fly. 

2 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Our first cruise to Bermuda was in 2010. Second week of September. Humidity and temperature were oppressive. Next year, 2011, went a little later, last week of September to a few days in October. Still too much on the warm side.

I guess we have a different take on oppressive. I think I have been to Bermuda 5, maybe more times in September, and did not find the humidity or temperature oppressive. Only month in Bermuda that it felt that way to me was August. September would be my favorite month in Bermuda if it were not the hurricane issues. May is too cold for the beach so I prefer June although the water temp could be a little cool then. Since I spend a lot of time at the beaches I like warmer ocean temperatures. Maybe because you live in New England and I was living in Maryland we have a different temperature threshold. I have now moved to hot, hot, hot. LOL and start using the pool in late April. The high here today will be 86….

I, too, love going to Bermuda in September the most.  Have been in mid to late May, mid June, early and mid September and mid Oct.  The water temp in May was still quite cool, June's was bearable, September's water temp was perfect for me, and Oct. it was cooling up again.