San Francisco Carnival Cruise - Disembarkation

Anyone sail of of San Francisco on Carnival recently?  I am trying to plan flights and want to have a general idea as to when cruisers start to disembark the ship.

Some ports like Baltimore dont even start getting people off the ship until after 10:30pm.  I was wondering how early the San Fran port starts allowing people off.

Thanks for any help.

They don't let people off in Baltimore until 10:30pm? That makes for some serious flight issues.

The ship wants everyone off by 9:30, to allow the ship to get ready for the next cruise. While there can always be a possible hitch in the process, you should plan on being able to be off before 8am with little problem, if you are able to carry your bags off and catch a cab. Thus a noon flight is safe...if you are feeling confident, maybe 11:30, particularly if you have TSA Pre.

2 hours ago, Buckeye_Siggy said:

i feel pretty good about not having issues for the family taking the 1pm flight out of SFO after we get off the ship.

That assumes the ship docks on time. Two of our five cruises out of SF have been delayed in docking on return because of fog. What time of year is this cruise?

ouch. as an east coaster, i didnt even consider fog or weather a possible issue.   The California tourism board makes it seem like there is nothing but sunshine year round out on the left coast. 

Cruise to Alaska leaves end of next month and comes back to SF on July 6th.

50 minutes ago, Buckeye_Siggy said:

ouch. as an east coaster, i didnt even consider fog or weather a possible issue.   The California tourism board makes it seem like there is nothing but sunshine year round out on the left coast.

That is the SOUTHERN Cal tourism board.

I believe Nor Cal tourism board official slogan is "Bring A Jacket!".

https://www.inside-guide-to-san-francisco-tourism.com/san-francisco-weather.html

12241447_091922-kgo-sf-fog-img.jpg?w=160

On 5/25/2023 at 12:26 PM, Buckeye_Siggy said:

ouch. as an east coaster, i didnt even consider fog or weather a possible issue.   

Yeah neither did I.  I normally book much later flights in the day, but my return flight this time is like 12:30 PM.   I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it.  🙂

On 5/27/2023 at 2:55 PM, ghjcmo said:

Yeah neither did I.  I normally book much later flights in the day, but my return flight this time is like 12:30 PM.   I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it.  🙂

It should be fine for next month.  The only time we had to sit outside the bay was September and we still docked by 1030 hrs.  

On 5/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, scottca075 said:

That is the SOUTHERN Cal tourism board.

I believe Nor Cal tourism board official slogan is "Bring A Jacket!".

https://www.inside-guide-to-san-francisco-tourism.com/san-francisco-weather.html

12241447_091922-kgo-sf-fog-img.jpg?w=160

I believe there is a Mark Twain quote that goes something like "The coldest winter I've ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." lol

Just got off the 10 Day Miracle Thursday, had an 11:30 am flight, Met in the dining room at 07:30 we pulled our own luggage off, off the ship at 07:55 and in the car ( wingz)  at 8:15, to the airport by nine.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Just got off the 10 Day Miracle Thursday, had an 11:30 am flight, Met in the dining room at 07:30 we pulled our own luggage off, off the ship at 07:55 and in the car ( wingz)  at 8:15, to the airport by nine.

How was your 10-day? Are you writing a full review? I'm going on this same itinerary next summer.

22 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

It should be fine for next month.  The only time we had to sit outside the bay was September and we still docked by 1030 hrs.  

My cruise is July 24-Aug 3.   I'm not terribly concerned, but  It was just something I never really thought about when booking my flights.