Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

MSC Sea Jew, Celebrity Edge, Disney Dream, Enchanted Princess.  A couple smaller ones are hidden.

Dang.  No matter how many times I correct, auto corrupt gets me every time.  That should be MSC Seaview.  AIDAstella, and a Seabourn ship, too.

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Boarding was easy.  Already got guy's.  Ship looks great in common areas!  Just dropped off bags at the room so don't know about that yet.

20230528_133242.jpg

20230528_132845.jpg

I see they didn't get rid of those blue faux water sconces in the buffet area. 

• Like 1

Just now, kwokpot said:

I see they didn't get rid of those blue faux water sconces in the buffet area. 

You didn't think they were going to strip down the entire ship completely did you? 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We also ran into Emeril but I didn't realize who he was until we walked away.  Sigh. 

OMG! Where were Christine and Emeril??? I’ve had my head down exploring and missed them!

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

You didn't think they were going to strip down the entire ship completely did you? 😁

Those lights really stood out for me in the buffet area as something that didn't age very well and they all looked in disrepair. Some of the other lighting fixtures aboard maybe a dated design but if well made in metal and glass could last for decades. These fixtures are some kind of plastic material and it really makes the buffet area look dowdy. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

OMG! Where were Christine and Emeril??? I’ve had my head down exploring and missed them!

They were on floor 2 or 3 by the stairs close to the lobby.  But we went looking fir them again and now they are gone,  I think. 😢

• Like 2

Looks like someone from a previous sailing was nice enough to leave us some free lube and either gloves or socks.  

Actually, not sure if lube or cologne because it says for "Lovers" but in the event of the former,  I decided to not touch it. 

Edit: False alarm! I googled and thank the good Lord above it is just perfume.  

20230528_152007.jpg

20230528_152023.jpg

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

The area by the alchemy looks super nice. 

I have always said I wished they would use the Alchemy Bar decor as the standard to renovate the whole ship. Basically they removed some of the excess design elements and put in lighter walls and some more contemporary but not modern furnishings so it retains the general 'feel' of the ship but in a less gaudy and dated look. I have no issues with the MDR and always thought it was a nice room for dinner despite the mediocre food quantity. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Looks like someone from a previous sailing was nice enough to leave us some free lube and either gloves or socks.  

Actually, not sure if lube or cologne because it says for "Lovers" but in the event of the former,  I decided to not touch it. 

Edit: False alarm! I googled and thank the good Lord above it is just perfume.  

20230528_152007.jpg

20230528_152023.jpg

these new VIFP amenities are getting wild!

• Haha 16