Memorial Day Sale? Anyone seeing deals?

20 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We are light eaters too and you just can't get your money's worth with a fixed price. On our last couple of cruises we've done the boarding day lunch at Jamies and even at the lower price it's still a lot of money for what we actually eat.

I would like to see an à la carte option at all of the specialty restaurants as that would work better for us.

I agree. Izumis is more for my husband as he loves sushi and I don't eat it.  I usually get any meat or poultry options but if I'm under, I use my credit for a drink or an extra appetizer for him.  It works for us.  The fixed menus I definitely don't eat that much food.  I'm not a huge fan of Chops but will do the lunch as I think its fairer pricing for what I eat.  

The internet pricing at least has decreased from a year ago and while definitely not at pre covid pricing, at least isn't as bad as it was.  I still don't think it should be that much but I just live with it as I'm not giving up my wifi on a cruise.  I'm glad I'm Diamond soon to be plus for the drinks.  I can't imagine paying those prices if I was a heavy drinker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I agree. Izumis is more for my husband as he loves sushi and I don't eat it.  I usually get any meat or poultry options but if I'm under, I use my credit for a drink or an extra appetizer for him.  It works for us.  The fixed menus I definitely don't eat that much food.  I'm not a huge fan of Chops but will do the lunch as I think its fairer pricing for what I eat.  

The internet pricing at least has decreased from a year ago and while definitely not at pre covid pricing, at least isn't as bad as it was.  I still don't think it should be that much but I just live with it as I'm not giving up my wifi on a cruise.  I'm glad I'm Diamond soon to be plus for the drinks.  I can't imagine paying those prices if I was a heavy drinker.

I've booked a bunch of izumi hoping for a bogo, but now maybe not. You dont like the fixed menu? I do love sushi but havent been a huge fan onboard. Ive read do the ala carte instead it's too much food. I'm also not used to eating a lot at a time.

19 hours ago, garsny said:

In my opinion,not worth it to cruise anymore.Wall Street Journal had an article how crowded ships are now.The prices have doubled and the quality has gotten so much worse. Food,service and employees.So sad for us who knew what it was like in the past.

So sorry you feel that way. That's sad to me. You are here saying you love cruising or why post here, but the prices are over what you want to pay.

I added 3 more lately. Sorry for you. Thats sad.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've booked a bunch of izumi hoping for a bogo, but now maybe not. You dont like the fixed menu? I do love sushi but havent been a huge fan onboard. Ive read do the ala carte instead it's too much food. I'm also not used to eating a lot at a time.

I like the a la carte pricing better.  But I think the upcoming sailing may be fixed for Izumi as we didn't buy a dining package.  It was cheaper to just select the 3 times we wanted to dine which was 2 lunches and 1 dinner then buy the 3 specialty dining package.  Either way, husband will end up eating most of my order which is fine as I never finish it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The fixed menu would be too much for me and I don't like sushi anyway but DS loves it so we're thinking we might try to book on board so we can do the à la carte. Then she can pick whatever sushi she fancies and I can have one of the teriyakis, which will be fine for me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The fixed menu would be too much for me and I don't like sushi anyway but DS loves it so we're thinking we might try to book on board so we can do the à la carte. Then she can pick whatever sushi she fancies and I can have one of the teriyakis, which will be fine for me.

Everyone says the fixed is too much food. I plan on soup, that fried stuff veggies and shrimp and some sushi, havent decided which one and dessert. If I'm too full I will take it to my cabin. I think I read with UDP you get 4 not 8 sushi now in a serving. I'm sure I can eat 4. Though I'm not sure if fixed menu you get 4 not 8 sushi now. I'm booked a month ago 34.99 total I think. Now its 39.99 fixed plus 18% tip. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So sorry you feel that way. That's sad to me. You are here saying you love cruising or why post here, but the prices are over what you want to pay.

I added 3 more lately. Sorry for you. Thats sad.

I am single,so its doubly hard.Its gotten out of hand with all the kids and low class people.

4 hours ago, garsny said:

I am single,so its doubly hard.Its gotten out of hand with all the kids and low class people.

I'm cruising solo too. I did push pts last year when I found out about DP340 and its rules. If I hadnt I probably wouldnt have booked those extra cruises. Plus I got some discount on group rates .. though one was marginally less, $30 ? Almost nothing less, except refundable. 

As far as classifying rcl pax as low class ... from someone who considers rcl too expensive to book??!!