rio secreto

Badatz2

I am interested in doing this tour in December.  Has anyone had any experience with them? Also with the logistics of getting from the Cruise port to the ferry and then the ferry to Playa del Carmen to meet their transportation.

How many hours does the whole thing take and is it worth it? Not only from the financial side.

Thank you?

8 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

I am interested in doing this tour in December.  Has anyone had any experience with them? Also with the logistics of getting from the Cruise port to the ferry and then the ferry to Playa del Carmen to meet their transportation.

How many hours does the whole thing take and is it worth it? Not only from the financial side.

Thank you?

Too many variables to be able to advise- which port, port hours, ship time/local time?

Always best to use ship excursion for the mainland - they have a dedicated ferry.

It is supposed to be a worthwhile trip from previous reviews but not seen any since cruising resumed so not recent.

We did this off a Royal ship excursion per COVID.  We did two caves.  Water was cold but they provided wet suits. Nice lunch at a beach resort later.  Back in time to catch the 3P ferry.  Ferry ride was a bit rough that day.

19 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

We did this off a Royal ship excursion per COVID.  We did two caves.  Water was cold but they provided wet suits. Nice lunch at a beach resort later.  Back in time to catch the 3P ferry.  Ferry ride was a bit rough that day.

Just to get an idea, do you remember what the cost was?

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion with Carnival a few weeks ago…paid $120 pp I think.

It was our most favourite excursion of all of our 10 cruises!

For easy of ferry schedules & transport logistics, we booked thru Carnival.

Each guide had a small group..10 ppl maybe.

Do it, you won’t be disappointed!

On 6/11/2023 at 5:36 AM, lasekeye said:

We did this excursion with Carnival a few weeks ago…paid $120 pp I think.

It was our most favourite excursion of all of our 10 cruises!

If it was $120 pp from the ship, then that is a great price.  I hope Royal has something similar

1 minute ago, Badatz2 said:

If it was $120 pp from the ship, then that is a great price.  I hope Royal has something similar

Although we rarely take ship excursions the logistics of this trip makes the cruiselines excursion a much better idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did this in March 2022 booked through NCL. My understanding is that this specific cave/cenote is only available as a cruise line excursion, and not available for independent bookings. It was amazing. Like others said, the best excursion we did on the trip. It was also extremely well run and organized. All gear is includes as is lunch (they even provided a hair tie for my daughter when we realized she had forgotten one). Even though it was a cruise line excursion, the groups were small and there are several routes through the cenote so you don't even see the other groups. I don't normally buy the tour taken photos, but I did for this because 1) you can't take your own and 2) it was so cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Price of the excursion?  No, I did it through Carnival and used my OBC.  Don't recall.

Price of the photos? I found the receipt ... it was $110 for the link with all our photos. None were printed. There was another option to also add 3 souvenir items (they had some to pick from, such as frames or stuffed animals) and I believe it was $150 total.