3rd person in suite - do they get any Plus benefits?

JGmf

Never cruised on Princess in the past, so forgive what may be a no-brainer question for the seasoned cruisers on this forum...

We're in a suite on Emerald Princess in less than 3 weeks, so I'm looking at my travel documents and my 19 year old daughter is not listed as receiving any of the itemized "Plus services": no juice bar, desserts, WiFi, or crew appreciation.  However, she does get the promotional $150 onboard credit like me and my wife.

Is this normal for a 3rd person not to get these Plus things that I bought for us in the suite....

or is it b/c she's 19 (yes, no alcohol, but soda at least? wifi?)...

or is it b/c me, stupid, somehow forgot to buy it for her six months ago when we booked this?

Anyway, if I need to pay to provide her, minimally, wifi and soda/juice/smoothies, what do you recommend?  Have her just go use the onboard credit and call it a day?

Would love your input.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Never cruised on Princess in the past, so forgive what may be a no-brainer question for the seasoned cruisers on this forum...

We're in a suite on Emerald Princess in less than 3 weeks, so I'm looking at my travel documents and my 19 year old daughter is not listed as receiving any of the itemized "Plus services": no juice bar, desserts, WiFi, or crew appreciation.  However, she does get the promotional $150 onboard credit like me and my wife.

Is this normal for a 3rd person not to get these Plus things that I bought for us in the suite....

or is it b/c me, stupid, somehow forgot to buy it for her six months ago when we booked this?

Anyway, if I need to pay to provide her, minimally, wifi and soda/juice/smoothies, what do you recommend?  Have her just go use the onboard credit and call it a day?

Would love your input.

Thanks.

My understanding is that minors can feet plus package with soda plan but you do have to pay for it. Not sure that it is really a good deal without alcohol unless they drink a lot of sodas and coffees

When you have more than 2 in a stateroom and you want the 3rd or 4th to have ‘plus’, you need to have your TA or Princess manually ‘add’ the package. It is required only for the first 2 passengers when you booked, so you were probably only charged for 2 passengers.

Estimate how much your 19 yr old will drink and see if the non alcohol or soda only package is cost effective,  else pay as you go. You can share the one device WiFi plan that passenger1 and passenger2 will have, unless you think your 19 yr old will need their own plan.

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Would love your input.

Thanks.

The zero alcohol package is for the ones who do not drink alcohol or a minor. But, I believe it is very expensive, unless you would drink huge…

amounts of soda, coffee or juices.  I would use OBC.  You would have to weigh the options.

Here’s what is included:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

There is also a classic soda package.  Less expensive.

Note, these do not include wifi or daily gratuities. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

Welcome to Princess.  As a suite passenger, your daughter will be charged an automatic crew incentive ($18/day). 

You can share your wifi with her (Passenger 1 and Passenger 2 will have 2 connections). 

You will also have a mini bar with 10 alcoholic drinks and 10 non (or trade in for 20 non). 

You will receive 3 bottles of water each night.

You will get any specialty coffee with your suite breakfast each morning along with fresh squeezed orange juice.

Now you can weigh the cost of a drink package for your daughter.  

Thank you all for your quick information and feedback.

After reading your posts (and looking online for package costs), my plan is to give my daughter my wifi.  (It's more important to her than me)!

And, we'll just us onboard credit for whatever special things you wants to drink - that option seems WAY more economical than buying one of those non-alcohol drink packages.

The only thing I can't plan is hoping there are enough young adults on the cruise where she can meet and hang out with others.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1