Must I stay on hold forever to get Captain's Club credit on Flash Sale purchases?

GRBlizz

I want to take advantage of the flash sale to get Premium Internet for upcoming August 9 Apex cruise. We are both Elite, and I understand we can get an additional Captain's Club discount. But the only way to get that discount applied is to call and sit on endless hold???

Hence my dilemma. I am now 1.5 hours into my third attempt to reach them, using the extension my CVP gave me. CVP can't just apply the CC discount, it seems. This is ridiculous.

Here's my question: since today is the last day of the flash sale, can I just book the sale price, and have the CC discount applied later? Or do I lose the chance if I don't get the CC # applied when I book? Or do I have to stay on hold for another hour or so?

Also, if I am confused and CC discounts cannot be combined with this sale, please someone put me out of my misery and I'll hang up now.

Cannot do Flash Sale and Captain’s Club discount.   Although I read of someone doing CC discount on low WiFi, and Flash Sale on upgrade to premium which was about a $2 less per day.

Know your pain.  I was on hold for over 2 hours, got through and discussed a repricing and amounts would be as I thought.  Then got  disconnected before repricing was done.   Called back the next day and waited and finally got it done for two cruises…

In the future, call the Captain’s Club phone number to do purchases and get your Captain’s Club discount. The number is 1-800-760-0654

I called today at 4pm Central and my total call time was just over 15 minutes. Quick and easy!

• Thanks 1

It took me less than 17 minutes to get CC... to make changes.

I Am sure that if it took me 1.5 hours to get through to save $475, I would do it in a heart beat.... 

Each of us have our levels of tolerance for waiting, especially during high call volume periods.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 8:27 PM, Bo1953 said:

I Am sure that if it took me 1.5 hours to get through to save $475, I would do it in a heart beat.... 

Each of us have our levels of tolerance for waiting, especially during high call volume periods.

bon voyage

Excellent point. For me it was just the internet package I was trying to secure, so less savings. Also, the big problem is my CVP did not give me the CC line. She gave me some extension off the main line which went into permanent hold. I called CC this morning for something else and got right through,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:59 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

In the future, call the Captain’s Club phone number to do purchases and get your Captain’s Club discount. The number is 1-800-760-0654

I called today at 4pm Central and my total call time was just over 15 minutes. Quick and easy!

Thank you! This is not the number my CVP gave me. I tried it this morning for something else and did indeed get through very quickly.

bon voyage

Bo - I spent most of Thursday afternoon on the phone with 4 diferrent RCI agents to get a reprice on a cruise in August for myself and 11 year old Grandson. Booked and paid for inside and got a balcony at no additional cost. It was worth the torture.  😆 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Bo - I spent most of Thursday afternoon on the phone with 4 diferrent RCI agents to get a reprice on a cruise in August for myself and 11 year old Grandson. Booked and paid for inside and got a balcony at no additional cost. It was worth the torture.  😆 

d2 what we do for saving money AND getting a good upgrade, too!!!

Congrats...

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

bon voyage

I did need to add that I did not know how much I would be saving, yet $475 was quite a bit more than expected....

bon voyage

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I did need to add that I did not know how much I would be saving, yet $475 was quite a bit more than expected....

bon voyage

When I booked the inside GTY 2 weeks ago the balcony was $715 more for both of us. Now that there is no additional charge I'm anxious to see what we get assigned.  In any event, it doesn't matter even if obstructed as it was free and we got to keep the goodwill OBC. I will post once I know the location. 

• Thanks 1