Flight cancelled

Fishiecrackers

Air2Sea will allow you to fly in early, or stay over after cruise.

example- we are doing a transatlantic next april…..just booked detroit-fll 1 day before cruise, return warsaw-detroit 12 days after cruise

Edited by pinebro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Agree with OB, the Italian one day strike is the last day of British holidays half term holidays. It very effective if you suddenly have to find another nights accommodation, miss a days work, miss a school day etc.  Maximum disruptions for minimum loss of pay for the strikers. 

In the UK we've had one and two day strikes on the railways for months now. Always timed for greatest effect and affects previous day and following days services too.  Thankfully we came back from Sicily a couple of days ago and our family came back yesterday.

@scouse mouseglad you've had a resolution, enjoy your cruise 

I was in London for one of these two day strikes. It cancelled my train trip up to Edinburgh, but luckily I was able to switch to another train. The strike for that line was reduced service rather than no service. Still an inconvenience, but at least I was able to get where I needed to go. 

I think it is kind of smart. Disrupt, but don’t annoy so much that the population turns against the unions. (I felt kind of bad riding the train on a strike day, but I was a tourist with an itinerary set months ago)
The US and europe are different in so many ways, strikes happening in different ways should not be surprising. 

• Like 1

My parents told me about being trapped in Spain because of a planned one-week strike in France.  Tourists weren't told, but everyone else knew.   It was just an extra week of vacation and nothing changed to make the strike end.  

7 hours ago, Orsino said:

The US and europe are different in so many ways, strikes happening in different ways should not be surprising. 

It is good that the two are so different or there would be no need for us to visit each other.🙂

• Like 1

Hi

I am stressing over this now.  I am flying out tomorrow,  June 5 (from U.S) leaving around 7:30 pm and arriving in Rome June 6 at 8 pm.  I board a cruise on Thursday.  I am so stressed out.  British Airways flights were canceled today.  So far, everything is a go as planned. 

All flights to Italy for today were cancelled, so I’ve been told.  We’re currently sitting in our hotel awaiting transfer to the ship.  Had nice dinner, a good sleep and pleasant breakfast.

thefer - I hope everything goes to plan for you.  RC have really looked after us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scouse mouse said:

All flights to Italy for today were cancelled, so I’ve been told.  We’re currently sitting in our hotel awaiting transfer to the ship.  Had nice dinner, a good sleep and pleasant breakfast.

thefer - I hope everything goes to plan for you.  RC have really looked after us.

Not all flights. EZY LGW > VCE and FCO departed this morning. There'll be others too.

Definitely would not want the stress of knowing there was a strike on the day you were due to travel though.

• Like 1

Hi

So far, no email saying they canceled.  I know they canceled the flight on Saturday  to Italy so that means the flight crew was stuck in PHX since Friday night.   We should be taking off on time or close to it on Sunday.  I am sure they want to get home.

On 6/3/2023 at 7:32 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't matter if it is pointless in the U.S. It only makes sense in Europe.

I once was on an Italian train that stopped in the middle of no where for 3 hours during a strike. People got off and were walking around in the fields. When the strike ended the horn blew, anyone who had gotten off got back on, and the train started moving. It was an annoying three hours.

Same here.  Long time ago same story  very short train strike then off we went

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:55 PM, fishiecrackers said:

We’re in Frankfurt, due to board at 4:10 and arrive at 5:30 to Venice. Still saying on time and flying as scheduled….

Well, we made it! On time and as originally scheduled! That was stressful!

• Like 4