Paradise Beach Extras?

Sportsdoc

Trying to plan for a day with my family at Paradise Beach and the posts I have read have been extremely helpful!  I had three questions for the experienced paradise beach travelers

1.  Seems like at other ports they demand or prefer (add on additional 19% fee for credit card) cash payment.  Is it easy and OK to just use credit card without enormous additional fee at Paradise Beach to pay balance on account or should I plan to take cash?

2.  Seems like there are lots of extras (massage, horse back riding, parasailing) once on property.  If you want to partake in these actives is there a price list somewhere and are they through the resort or a separate company that you can use a credit card?  Also are there any of these extras that anyone has found a MUST DO??

3.  How much do you usually take for tips?  

Cash for entrance fee.   Was $3 pp or $18 to include water park area.  We never did the inclusive and just ordered drinks and food.  We used a credit card for that as ran a tab.  Same tip as here 15% at least.  Loved Paradise   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, negn said:

Cash for entrance fee.   Was $3 pp or $18 to include water park area.  We never did the inclusive and just ordered drinks and food.  We used a credit card for that as ran a tab.  Same tip as here 15% at least.  Loved Paradise   

How long since you were there?

There are 5 pages of “helpful information” which is often missed by visitors to the Paradise Beach website.

Current pricing from website:

IS THERE A NON-ALL-INCLUSIVE OPTION AT PARADISE BEACH?

There is the possibility that on the day you're traveling, Paradise Beach might be sold out with Exclusive All Inclusive customers, so we really encourage you to book your spot in advance on our website. However, on certain days when we are not sold out, there's an à la carte option for a $10 US entrance fee with a minimum consumption of $10 US per person to use our facilities. This includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms, and showers.

IS FUN PASS INCLUDED IN THE EXCLUSIVE ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE?

No, Fun Pass is available for purchase at check-in for an additional $18 US per person. It gives you access to our floating water park, stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, and water hammocks.

WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE $18 US FUN PASS?

Full snorkel equipment, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, our famous water park with slides, water trampolines, climbable iceberg, water hammocks, and beach floats are all included!

We generally use a credit card in Cozumel and charge in pesos BUT Paradise Beach is a prime tourist destination with charges in US$. I am not sure they even have a pesos price, except for locals.

We rarely go there except with grandkids and I think I do recall reports of added fee for CC pre-Covid.

On 6/4/2023 at 5:48 PM, Sportsdoc said:

Trying to plan for a day with my family at Paradise Beach and the posts I have read have been extremely helpful!  I had three questions for the experienced paradise beach travelers

1.  Seems like at other ports they demand or prefer (add on additional 19% fee for credit card) cash payment.  Is it easy and OK to just use credit card without enormous additional fee at Paradise Beach to pay balance on account or should I plan to take cash?

2.  Seems like there are lots of extras (massage, horse back riding, parasailing) once on property.  If you want to partake in these actives is there a price list somewhere and are they through the resort or a separate company that you can use a credit card?  Also are there any of these extras that anyone has found a MUST DO??

3.  How much do you usually take for tips?  

I am not sure if you are planning AI or PAYG? 

Only AI can be pre-booked and I would assume (never done it so others would need to confirm) it goes through Paypal in US$ without fee. Cannot confirm if they add on a fee on-site but I seem to recall I have also read that.

you could probably email Paradise for a price list for extras (and ask about CC fee), I have found them quite responsive in the past but i think they are through third party vendors so they may not know. Not sure if they have horse riding I have only heard of that at Mr Sanchos?

• 2 weeks later...