NCLH Shareholders benefit

sable1

23 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Once you have submitted your request, where do you look on the invoice to see if it is there? Is it listed as Shareholder benefit or some other wording?

Thank you.

I have not seen it online in the cruise booking.   My TA sends me an updated Oceania invoice and it shows there.  Note if your brokerage account is a joint account with your traveling partner they do divide the OBC amount in half with half showing for each of you.   

Joe

1 hour ago, Sujormik said:

Thanks.  Is the perk (OBC?) decent? How’s the stock doing 🤣? I could see mentioning to my broker that I want 100 shares to get a drop of a benefit😂

Stock is up.   I bought at $11.05 last July I think, it is currently over $17.   In my case just the OBC has been a 45% gain.   As of today the stock is up over 53% since I purchased.   So yes the perk is decent!   And it keeps paying every time I cruise Oceania.

Joe

Thank you, JoePDX! That was exactly what I needed! I emailed my documents this am. I gave my TA a heads up like she told me to do. I then got a new invoice stating a gift to both my husband and me. Knowing they split the OBC was also helpful.By the way, it was after final payment. Am I also correct that if we got future cruise credit that we don’t get the extra OBC? I have another cruise after final payment that has history back to spring if 2020. Lots of cruises booked and cancelled. I don’t want to appear greedy if that nixes the deal.

just for the record, I emailed it this morning and had my OBC this afternoon!

50 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Once you have submitted your request, where do you look on the invoice to see if it is there? Is it listed as Shareholder benefit or some other wording?

Thank you.

Ours say "shareholder shipboard credit" and shows up on the Oceania invoice under "promotional amenities"

Interesting. Ours is listed as GIFT and is below the promotional amenities. But the amount was correct. I was trying to differentiate from OBC that might be from our TA. Felt awkward asking her what is was. I’ll let it go for now. I think we have enough. This is the first time doing this so not totally sure how it is done. Thank you for you help.

2 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

...  Must own stock in your name, not street name. ...

Incorrect.  You must be the `beneficial owner`, but need not be the `registered [with NCLH] owner`.

If street names were not acceptable, NCLH wouldn't need proof from your brokerage -- NCLH would already know.

21 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Incorrect.  You must be the `beneficial owner`, but need not be the `registered [with NCLH] owner`.

If street names were not acceptable, NCLH wouldn't need proof from your brokerage -- NCLH would already know.

Thanks for the correction. Didn't know that.

15 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

Thank you.

Ours was added as "Complimentary Shipboard Credit" under the Available Credits per Guest box on our booking.

Thank you.

if you have some future cruise credit for a cruise but not totally free, can you still get the shareholder credit? I’ve read the exceptions but I am confused thus the question. The cruise in question was booked several times but always cancelled due to pandemic. Thank you for all insight.

35 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Thank you.

if you have some future cruise credit for a cruise but not totally free, can you still get the shareholder credit? I’ve read the exceptions but I am confused thus the question. The cruise in question was booked several times but always cancelled due to pandemic. Thank you for all insight.

I'm an Oceania newbie, but got a crash course in Oceania's arcane "combinability" restrictions on the spiffy deal we got for our first booking.

The deal was ...very spiffy and "was not combinable with" OCCAPP (travel-agent given, but actually paid for by Oceania) perks and a bunch of other stuff.  It apparently could have but did not bar shareholder SBC.  On the other hand, I saw nothing that mentioned FCC.

I suspect the answer to your "combinability" lies in the deal you got for your original booking.

7 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

Thank you.

Only way to really know for sure, is complete the request form and send it in.

Joe

13 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

I had thought of doing that. I guess that way I would know.

Read the terms and conditions stated on the Shareholder benefit page in the NCLH website.  It's not entirely clear and they leave room to do as they please by stating "other terms, restrictions and conditions may apply."  So, the best thing to do would be to simply fill out the form and submit it along with a statement from your broker's account showing proof of ownership.

We recently purchased 2 cruises that were part of the "extraordinary savings" event.  I thought for certain that having purchased our cruises during this sale meant that we would not be able to get the shareholder benefit.  But throwing caution to the wind, I decided to submit the requests and to do so on the last day that we were eligible (15 days prior to sailing).  I was pleasantly surprised the next morning to see that the credit had been applied to my account for both of our back-to-back sailings.  No one sent anything notifying us about it but it's definitely on the account now.  And we received final paperwork today confirming that it's been applied.

15 minutes ago, vlthom said:

Read the terms and conditions stated on the Shareholder benefit page in the NCLH website.  It's not entirely clear and they leave room to do as they please by stating "other terms, restrictions and conditions may apply."  So, the best thing to do would be to simply fill out the form and submit it along with a statement from your broker's account showing proof of ownership.

We recently purchased 2 cruises that were part of the "extraordinary savings" event.  I thought for certain that having purchased our cruises during this sale meant that we would not be able to get the shareholder benefit.  But throwing caution to the wind, I decided to submit the requests and to do so on the last day that we were eligible (15 days prior to sailing).  I was pleasantly surprised the next morning to see that the credit had been applied to my account for both of our back-to-back sailings.  No one sent anything notifying us about it but it's definitely on the account now.  And we received final paperwork today confirming that it's been applied.

I believe that it is the terms and conditions of the fare that was booked that determines if NCLH shareholder credits can be combined.   If you are looking at booking or having your TA book, a cruise, check the terms and conditions of the specific offer to see what can be combined.  Our TA always send us a copy of the fare terms and conditions and highlights those exemptions that she knows are of interest to us - NCHL shareholder and AMEX cruise privileges...

• Like 1

We sent in the form this morning and had the credit applied and our updated invoice within an hour! The shareholder credit is listed under "Gifts and Amenities" as "US$50 Shareholder Shipboard Credit".  One for me and one for my wife.

Way better than our Oceania cruise last February when it took almost 2 months and the intervention of an Oceania supervisor to get the credit applied.

• Like 1

Since it is listed under gifts and amenities on my invoice and does not list as a "credit" when I sign into website, seems I cannot use shareholder OBC to purchase shore excursions in advance of the cruise. Not a big deal, I can certainly use my $250 shareholder OBC for my upcoming cruise for on board expenses, just odd that they do it that way. Seems nothing is uncomplicated when dealing with Oceania.

29 minutes ago, edgee said:

Since it is listed under gifts and amenities on my invoice and does not list as a "credit" when I sign into website, seems I cannot use shareholder OBC to purchase shore excursions in advance of the cruise. Not a big deal, I can certainly use my $250 shareholder OBC for my upcoming cruise for on board expenses, just odd that they do it that way. Seems nothing is uncomplicated when dealing with Oceania.

Interesting as it shows up on all of our bookings as a credit - it states it is "complimentary shipboard credit" not NCHL shareholder credit.   I have used if for purchasing shore excursions in advance - just did a week ago for October cruise.

20 minutes ago, basor said:

Interesting as it shows up on all of our bookings as a credit - it states it is "complimentary shipboard credit" not NCHL shareholder credit.   I have used if for purchasing shore excursions in advance - just did a week ago for October cruise.

Mine shows as "complementary shipboard credit" also, but is listed under "gifts" on my invoice. The "credits" portion shown on website when I sign in does not reflect this amount, so doubt I could use it to make purchases ahead of the cruise. I have already purchased my shore excursions, so really will not be an issue for me for my next cruise, but could be for a future.

15 minutes ago, edgee said:

Mine shows as "complementary shipboard credit" also, but is listed under "gifts" on my invoice. The "credits" portion shown on website when I sign in does not reflect this amount, so doubt I could use it to make purchases ahead of the cruise. I have already purchased my shore excursions, so really will not be an issue for me for my next cruise, but could be for a future.

Methinks adding the shareholder credit is a manual operation, and where it appears and with what description depends upon how that particular clerk happened to enter it into the computers that particular day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, edgee said:

On my invoice it is listed as : - US$125 Shareholder Shipboard Credit *

On the credits in the booking on the website it is listed as "Complimentary shipboard credit"

The total amount of credits is the same amount on the invoice as on the website booking.

So your credits on the website are $250.00 less than the credits on your invoice?  If that is the case, I would contact O or have your TA contact them to get it corrected.

25 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Methinks adding the shareholder credit is a manual operation, and where it appears and with what description depends upon how that particular clerk happened to enter it into the computers that particular day.

Correct but the total amount of credits should be the same on the invoice and the website booking - the only credit that is listed under amenities on the invoice that does not show up on either the invoice or booking is the OBC received in lieu of pre-paid gratuities ( the amount is reflected in the description).  This amount will appear on your shipboard account and can't be used until after boarding.

4 minutes ago, basor said:

On my invoice it is listed as : - US$125 Shareholder Shipboard Credit *

On the credits in the booking on the website it is listed as "Complimentary shipboard credit"

The total amount of credits is the same amount on the invoice as on the website booking.

So your credits on the website are $250.00 less than the credits on your invoice?  If that is the case, I would contact O or have your TA contact them to get it corrected.

Yeah, well I tried that and got this reply from my TA:"I called Oceania and spoke with xxxx; he advised that the $250 Shareholder Benefit is on your account, but it is listed under gifts and cannot be seen on your online account with Oceania." Again, not a big enough deal to fight about, but I have two additional Oceania cruises and one Regent cruise booked in next 18 months. Will be interesting to see if there is consistency in the way they are posted to my account.