Suite Benefits for Royal Princess?

RicoRoxy

Can anyone confirm whether suite benefits on Royal Princess include access to thermal suite?  This is a game changer for me in terms of booking or bidding on a suite.  I have researched, but have read mixed responses.  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, RicoRoxy said:

Can anyone confirm whether suite benefits on Royal Princess include access to thermal suite?  This is a game changer for me in terms of booking or bidding on a suite.  I have researched, but have read mixed responses.  Thank you!

Suite benefits include Thermal Suite. As Royal doesn't have a Thermal Suite, it's not a perk aboard, nor any Royal class ship.

Royal, and sister ships have the Enclave - and that is not a suite perk.

However - some Royal class ship's staff/HGMs have opted to gift Enclave access to suite guests on their own. Others have not. Royal isn't one (hasn't been one) where they give Enclave access in spite of it not being an actual listed perk.. that could change based in senior staff decisions, but don't count in it.. 

Thermal Suite/Spa suite perks are a joke.  Not all ships have Thermal Suites/Spas (The Grand Princess and all Royal class ships do not).  The Caribbean Princess has Hot Rock beds in their "Thermal Suite" but does not have a nice soothing pool.  Can't remember if the Golden had anything. 

It is a highly over-rated "perk".

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I recently had thermal suite access on a Carnival ship and it was wonderful...I really enjoyed the beds and the whirlpool. This definitely changes my outlook on the pending upgrade offer.  

19 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

I was just on the Royal...they have the Enclave...isn't that similar to the thermal suite? It has the various steam and sauna rooms, water beds, and whirlpool, etc.

While the Enclave is, by definition, a type of thermal suite experience - it is not the Thermal Suite that is a suite perk on Princess. The Thermal Suite perk is on older Grand and Island class ships, no pool or different showers, no aqua beds, etc. It's basically steam, sauna, heated tile loungers and that's it.. 

The Enclave is an updated version of that - pool, showers, aqua beds, much larger space, etc.  But it is not actually a suite perk - as noted in the listed suite perks. Some ships have have taken to gifting it anyways, but it's not a guaranteed perk.. 

• Like 1

We enjoyed the Concierge Lounge "happy hours" on the Royal, as well as the services of our Concierge Carmen in arranging specialty dining and setting up the app for wifi etc.

The wines served during happy hours were better quality as were the other drinks and overall it was a nice social environment away from the crowds.