Spring 2025 Transatlantic Sailings

SeaWatch12

What is your guess as to when Celebrity will release the 

Spring 2025 Transatlantic sailings for booking?

I purchased a "Book Later" reservation on the Equinox on May 26

and it needs to be applied within 6 months.

The Future Cruise Office onboard was not able to provide a date when those sailings will be opened up.

The last "Book Later" I got in January, allowed a year to complete the booking. 

Thanks for your input.

8 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

What is your guess as to when Celebrity will release the 

Spring 2025 Transatlantic sailings for booking?

I purchased a "Book Later" reservation on the Equinox on May 26

and it needs to be applied within 6 months.

The Future Cruise Office onboard was not able to provide a date when those sailings will be opened up.

The last "Book Later" I got in January, allowed a year to complete the booking. 

Thanks for your input.

Check out this very recent thread:

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Check out this very recent thread:

Thank you for finding that thread, I missed it. 

If Celebrity's time frame is the same this year, it appears my Book Later reservation will have expired by the time the bookings open. 

3 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Thank you for finding that thread, I missed it. 

If Celebrity's time frame is the same this year, it appears my Book Later reservation will have expired by the time the bookings open. 

Just make a dummy reservation and then when the itinerary you want comes out, move it?

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just make a dummy reservation and then when the itinerary you want comes out, move it?

I could try that. I have a feeling I would loose the extra onboard credit that came with the Book Later reservation. The fine print on the flyer is confusing I'll have to dissect it. 
I don't imagine Celebrity would extend the use by date. 

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

I could try that. I have a feeling I would loose the extra onboard credit that came with the Book Later reservation. The fine print on the flyer is confusing I'll have to dissect it. 
I don't imagine Celebrity would extend the use by date. 

Although I have yet to try this method, others on this forum have done it very successfully (not lose the bonus OBC).  The key thing is to make sure you move your reservation to the transatlantic when the time comes.  Do not cancel the dummy reservation and then rebook.  If you preserve the original booking number, your onboard booking OBC will follow along with it.  the original booking number is preserved when the booking is transferred while cancellation and rebooking does not.

It also stands to reason that you will want your dummy booking to be a refundable deposit booking to avoid the change fee when you transfer it.  When you transfer it, you can decide either to keep it as a refundable deposit or convert it to a non-refundable deposit for the new sailing.  

The exact timing that the eastward transatlantic sailings will be released is not known.  Maybe it will fall within your 6 month window.  However if it falls in December like it did last year, you have a good option.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

@SeaWatch12, one other thing to add:

I would recommend that you check this forum out daily starting in November.  Like last year, someone will start a thread which monitors the release of the next season's sailings and it is very active until just after the final sailings are released.  You will get very good information on exactly when the eastward transatlantic sailing are released.

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

@SeaWatch12, one other thing to add:

I would recommend that you check this forum out daily starting in November.  Like last year, someone will start a thread which monitors the release of the next season's sailings and it is very active until just after the final sailings are released.  You will get very good information on exactly when the eastward transatlantic sailing are released.

Thank you for the advice. 
I am sure Celebrity will send an email when those bookings open but someone here might have advance information. 
I usually transfer the reservation to a mid sized online and phone in agency for the extra onboard credit. The agent is very nice  but I don't think she would have the time to let me know any sooner than folks here on CC. 

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Thank you for the advice. 
I am sure Celebrity will send an email when those bookings open but someone here might have advance information. 
I usually transfer the reservation to a mid sized online and phone in agency for the extra onboard credit. The agent is very nice  but I don't think she would have the time to let me know any sooner than folks here on CC. 

Don't wait on an email from Celebrity. Sometimes their emails won't come for days after the sailings are released, or just never arrive at all.