Coffee makers in Suites

mexicobob

12 hours ago, LGinPA said:

We're in a standard balcony and was going to request a coffee-maker.  Our coffee needs to take strong and bold. (I grind beans each am and French press. )

How bad is the coffee from the standard makers? And do they bring half-and-half pods? 

If it's bad, what is our best option, the Starbucks package? 

Edited to add:  Ship Breakaway

Contrary to some others, I think the coffee from the Hamilton machines is quite good, certainly better than yucky Nespresso!, but their newer pods aren't as strong as they used to be. I bring my own pods "Senseo extra strong" excellent like strong filter coffee. 

Example US website (I am in Europe)

https://bestcoffeeandtea.com/products/senseo-extra-strong-coffee-pods-48-count-pads

Edited by podgeandrodge
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

Contrary to some others, I think the coffee from the Hamilton machines is quite good, certainly better than yucky Nespresso!, but their newer pods aren't as strong as they used to be. I bring my own pods "Senseo extra strong" excellent like strong filter coffee. 

https://bestcoffeeandtea.com/products/senseo-extra-strong-coffee-pods-48-count-pads

Are the Senseo ones the same size? I did not get them last time as I thought the might be smaller.

36 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I see they sell these on Amazon also. I'll give them a try!  Thank you. 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LGinPA said:

We're in a standard balcony and was going to request a coffee-maker.  Our coffee needs to take strong and bold. (I grind beans each am and French press. )

How bad is the coffee from the standard makers? And do they bring half-and-half pods? 

If it's bad, what is our best option, the Starbucks package? 

Edited to add:  Ship Breakaway

I can’t stomach the coffee they have in the urns in the Garden Cafe.  I request a coffee maker.  If in a Balcony, it looks like the one @BirdTravels showed a pic of.  I bring Maxpresso or Starbucks Packets of instant.  And, I use the hot water from the coffee maker to use the packets.  I also bring a carton of milk from the buffet to keep in the cabin fridge.  So, while not ideal, certainly better than the “standard” cruise coffee.

Short of that, the Starbucks on board is another option.  Same stuff you get on any street corner in the U.S.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Are the Senseo ones the same size? I did not get them last time as I thought the might be smaller.

Yep. I actually purchased a couple of the same  Hamilton machines for home! All good.

I find these better value than Amazon UK for Europe deliveries.

https://www.kaffee-holland.com/epages/64320518.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64320518/Products/KP0610

Edited by podgeandrodge
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:22 AM, mjkacmom said:

No place to put the undies in the single serve coffee makers.

yeah, flight attendants used to wash their pantyhose and underwear in the coffee makers until they started using k-cup units in the hotel rooms. That's why the coffeemakers were unsanitary. They would put them in the spot where the coffee would go and run the hot water over them. 

Edited by Sigyn

• 3 weeks later...