Future cruises

16 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Hi,

Just wondering what onboard future cruise deals RCI are offering these days, specifically cruises from the UK on Anthem?

Any onboard credit?

Thanks

Same offer for any ship any sailing.  Note that these are all non refundable deposits

image.thumb.png.0295255226e9718365a73e41f302c681.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LindyWebb said:

I am curious about this as well.  We are looking at a December cruise and I was going to wait until we are onboard in July to book, thinking there would be a better deal to do it there.  

You don’t get better deals. You get a reduced deposit (non refundable) and OBC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

Ourusualbeach,

Thanks. Not to be sniffed at but those huge OBC's pre-Covid are gone by the looks of it. Got a Celebrity sailing before the RCI cruise so may see what they are offering onboard.

The OBC amount is the same as it was pre Covid.  Booking a Royal cruise while on a Celebrity cruise gets you the exact same.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, LindyWebb said:

I am curious about this as well.  We are looking at a December cruise and I was going to wait until we are onboard in July to book, thinking there would be a better deal to do it there.  

By July the price could have easily gone up by mare than any extra OBC you would get.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

You don’t get better deals. You get a reduced deposit (non refundable) and OBC.

I booked refundable. Obc is just less but it's possible. First time since covid but i was on Bella and ta hand holding. $76 obc for couples, $75 solo, for 7 day. Yes, $1 less for solo. Lol. Or maybe it was because I had DP340. $1 whole dollar less obc. Booked refundable for TA named. And he moved to group rate refundable 

Cant book nonrefundable and then move to group and get refundable saved way more than the $25 more obc I'd have gotten nonrefundable direct.

Also pay full deposit I think. But $75 more obc to spend is better than  nothing. Bella2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

By July the price could have easily gone up by mare than any extra OBC you would get.

This is the problem, if you wait an extra week or month, the fares have been running up. We loaded up all of 2024 without any future OBC. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The OBC amount is the same as it was pre Covid.  Booking a Royal cruise while on a Celebrity cruise gets you the exact same.

We were on Celebrity in February and booked 3 Royal cruises.  We didn’t receive any OBC and we were surprised. That has never happened to us prior.

9 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We were on Celebrity in February and booked 3 Royal cruises.  We didn’t receive any OBC and we were surprised. That has never happened to us prior.

Unfortunately it does not surprise me.  Some of those next cruise agents don't know a thing about booking the sister lines

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately it does not surprise me.  Some of those next cruise agents don't know a thing about booking the sister lines

I don’t disagree.  They were cruises that we were going to book anyway and we were just surprised that there wasn’t any OBC.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, to clarify I meant, I'm going to look at booking a Celebrity cruise whilst onboard our upcoming Celebrity cruise.

By pre-covid I didn't mean immediately before. In the past we had sailed on several RCI cruises where future cruises were offering many $100's OBC for bookings. Guests were rushing to book because they were allowed to spend that OBC on their current cruise. RCI stopped that after a few years.

The cost of cruising has increased since we started cruising 16 years ago and has increased significantly since the pandemic. Extras onboard, such as drinks packages, excursions etc have also increased but OBC has remained at pretty much the same level over the years. I feel that OBC isn't offered for bookings as regularly as it used to be.

I think there is a bit of a 'make up lost time' feeling for those holidaying from the UK post pandemic, but once this dies down a bit cruiselines might have to re-think. Itineraries stay pretty much the same in Europe and if you cruise regularly this can get a bit boring.

Guests booking in the UK also don't get as much flexibility with bookings and terms and conditions are different.

• Thanks 1