Fare Increase?

jdacombe

I recently took advantage of the 50% reduction on the Plus package for 2024 cruises and booked an 8 day Norwegian Fjords cruise for next April.

My sons and partners are also interested in this cruise and I said I would help fund it. Having looked into the possibility of getting the same stateroom as me and my wife (standard aft balcony) I notice that the fare has now gone up by around £250  in a matter of a few weeks ( From £2498 to £2748)

Has anybody noticed this increase 

As the ships fill, prices go up.  I have no experience with your particular sailing, but for example, the one I'm booked on has gone from $2,314.65 per person when we booked on May 6th, to $3,401.65 per person (double occupancy, Canadian dollars) if we booked a similar stateroom today.

If you got a hot deal, it's likely your ship filled up quickly with others taking advantage of the same sale, and that drives the prices up.

Edited by Dreamscaper
  • Like 2

Cruises from uk generally in the UK believe have seen some pretty good price cuts this summer (at least for UK bookings across most lines). Princess have done a number of flash sales to fill the Island Princess and some good fares on Regal around Britain. The Sky Princess seems to have held prices higher over the summer I would say. Certainly it would appear to be an effort to fill capacity even if at much lower per diems.

Currently i get sent some really good celebrity offer for Europe this summer, they seem to have many more ships in the mediterranean compared to Princess 1 ship. Princess ship in Europe seems pretty booked up and at high prices.

Looking into next year there will be quite a lot of Princess capacity from the UK - Sky, Regal, Carribean. This combined with economic outlook at least from the UK perspective of high interest rates and high inflation will continue to put pressure on household budgets . I wonder if we will see similar patterns next year?

11 minutes ago, jonnyenglish1 said:

Cruises from uk generally in the UK believe have seen some pretty good price cuts this summer (at least for UK bookings across most lines). Princess have done a number of flash sales to fill the Island Princess and some good fares on Regal around Britain. The Sky Princess seems to have held prices higher over the summer I would say. Certainly it would appear to be an effort to fill capacity even if at much lower per diems.

Currently i get sent some really good celebrity offer for Europe this summer, they seem to have many more ships in the mediterranean compared to Princess 1 ship. Princess ship in Europe seems pretty booked up and at high prices.

Looking into next year there will be quite a lot of Princess capacity from the UK - Sky, Regal, Carribean. This combined with economic outlook at least from the UK perspective of high interest rates and high inflation will continue to put pressure on household budgets . I wonder if we will see similar patterns next year?

We are on a 14-day/mini-suite/Premier cruise this summer on Sky.....near identical cruise for 2024 is over £1000 per person more expensive at the moment.