Princess transfer from airport to hotel in Fort Lauderdale

shopgirl151

Has anyone recently used the princess transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale? I have read that in San Francisco and Vancouver, people were given taxi vouchers.  Has anyone experienced this in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks

Edited by shopgirl151

• shopgirl151 changed the title to Princess transfer from airport to hotel in Fort Lauderdale

I cannot comment from experience, however I can comment that paying Uber or Lyft for this transfer would be far more cost effective than using the Cruise line transfer.  And this is true no matter where you are embarking.  Only exception I can think of is if Uber/Lyft were not available or outlawed, neither of which applies to Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 3

Yes, we have done this. As far as going to the hotel from the airport Princess used a small(ish) 30 passenger bus. Headed to the ship we were on a full sized bus. The real convenience of using the Princess hotel package is that they handle the luggage all the way from the hotel to your stateroom. We really like this. Yes, you can always "do it cheaper" but we just consider it part of the cost of our cruise. 

Not sure I would use Princess transfers in Fort Lauderdale as airport is very near the port.

Flying internationally, we tend to arrive two-three days before sailing. It is easy to find a taxi at the airport to your hotel. Some hotels offer low cost shuttles and those tech savvy use Uber or Lyft. Some hotels have low cost shuttles to the port..we have done a shuttle and a taxi at various times. Approx $20 to hotels on 17th Street Causeway and less to port for two adults with large cases. Shuttle to port was $9 per person.(2022) 

In the past, when we flew into Miami we used the Princess hotel and transfer package..it worked well , was quite expensive, but we find it simpler to fly into Fort Lauderdale and do our own thing now we know how everything works.

Do you have a Princess pre-cruise hotel package? If yes, then the transfer to the hotel and hotel to the pier is included.

If you booked your own hotel it is best to just use Uber/Lyft or a taxi. Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale are fairly close to the airport. I'm not really sure if you can even book a Princess transfer if you booked your own hotel. Also, Princess charges per person which usually turns out to be more than just getting your own transfer. Uber/Lyft/Taxis charge by the trip.