Vista and La Reserve

jjwoben1

Even before FP I do believe but have not booked LR before, just Prive. They are using Prive for the paired gourmet dinners and it is quite elegant. There is a semi private large table for 8 or maybe 10 in Toscana where you could get wine paired dinners as well, not sure if paired meals available in Polo. FYI, Red Ginger was it’s usual wonderful self with a bit of a new look. I could be off on some of this as our short trip on Vista did not allow for total immersion into her specifics, need more cruises on her  😇
Mauibabes. 

• Like 1

Privée is used for the La Reserve Dinners Odyssey and Dom Perignon Experience.

Additionally both Polo Grill and Toscana have a private dining room which can be booked for groups.

There´s a new wine pairing lunch (24 people) with two menus which is available on sea days in Ember (Cellar Master´s Classic 99 USD and Sommelier´s Choice 169 USD).

steamboats

Having really enjoyed two lovely dinners in la Reserve on Riviera I might think about signing up for one in Privée.

Steamboats - do you know when the programme for these dinners is available ?  My cruise is 21 April on Vista from Malta to Trieste.

1 hour ago, dock said:

Would anyone have copies of these dinners?

Thank You. 

We cannot wait for our Vista cruise next year! I’m intrigued to learn more about the wine pairing lunches. Here’s a copy of the Odyssey menu from Riviera last year and a couple pictures of the dishes. It might not be exact but it will certainly give you a good idea of what to expect. We found both wine pairing dinners to be outstanding on riviera.

IMG_0540.thumb.jpeg.38dbe8b6a99bcecf74810d87a2b32ab0.jpeg

IMG_0541.thumb.jpeg.c039dff20bd079db5870d8b093088f8b.jpeg

IMG_0542.thumb.jpeg.ceb94060ee3d8f41ce12c41ffb75239d.jpeg

IMG_0552.thumb.jpeg.b16daf210b7fc04383443699a760c38f.jpeg

IMG_0562.thumb.jpeg.b3b1b421e80751c4b6929271df158a43.jpeg

6 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Odyssey menu from Riviera last year and a couple pictures of the dishes. It might not be exact but it will certainly give you a good idea of what to expect. We found both wine pairing dinners to be outstanding on riviera.

It was exactly the same menu on our May 20 Vista cruise.  The amuse bouche was served in the library before going into Privee.  The only thing missing was that wonderful Echire butter but they did have the 4 salts with spoons that that were too big.

The chairs were uncomfortable and we were told new ones have been ordered.  Besides being uncomfortable they will tip over if you lean back too much.  Apparently someone did fall over at a previous dinner 

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

I only have photos of the new lunches menus (see here).

steamboats

Thank you!! Took me a minute to find it 😁 with the language barrier! Both menus look fabulous and hope to try them both next year.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:27 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Take a look at my post about private dining rooms

Specialty Dining reservations on 5 was doing the La Reserve in Privee bookings but they weren't advertising it anywhere.

Catherine

On the following cruise, the restaurant section on the cabin TV included details of the pairing dinners.

Mike

• Thanks 2

Sadly our party of 8 pre booked La Prive reservations were ‘moved for a private party and would we care to reschedule for another night’ (one that conflicts with our other plans) so sadly we won’t be sharing photos and a review.  Very disappointing that a milestone anniversary celebration was ‘bumped’ for someone or a group considered more important than us.

If you book in advance with the shore staff I highly recommend that you ask for and receive a confirmation in writing for the exact date and party size, as I was told onboard staff get the information only a few days ahead and currently they don’t tell you when you board if they’ve moved or changed your reservation ’for you’.  So confirm when you board as well with the resv desk.  They don’t proactively contact you (or they didn’t with us, though it’s day 3 in).

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Thanks 1