Beyond Cabin 12118

Macdl

Hi cruisers… just wondering if anyone has been in or around this cabin …12118 … we are first time cruisers on the edge series and had no idea where to book. I just figured between the elevators would be good . I’ve been reading lots about noises like creaking and banging and I’m a-bit worried. There seems to be lots of cabins still available and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks 

That cabin is below a seating area of the Oceanview Buffet.  I don't recall if that area is carpeted or not.

Is there a reason that you choose Deck 12?  We usually pick a deck where there are cabins above and below us.  Did you consider Deck 11 which has some C1 cabins.

Thanks for replying….We were on deck 12 on our last silhouette cruise and loved it … looking at the deck plans ..the spa is above us ..so it should be quite at nite..hopefully 

58 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That cabin is below a seating area of the Oceanview Buffet.  I don't recall if that area is carpeted or not.

Is there a reason that you choose Deck 12?  We usually pick a deck where there are cabins above and below us.  Did you consider Deck 11 which has some C1 cabins.

I am showing 12118 on Beyond as being located forward just aft of the forward elevator bank underneath the Solarium?  

image.thumb.png.6288b070a4b2bb1c72f8ead87222e41f.png

Edited by DaKahuna

36 minutes ago, Macdl said:

Thanks for replying….We were on deck 12 on our last silhouette cruise and loved it … looking at the deck plans ..the spa is above us ..so it should be quite at nite..hopefully 

My mistake I was looking at 12218.

12118 is under the Solarium.  May hear some moving of loungers but probably nothing too loud.

Big fan of being near that elevator bank for access to the Spa Cafe, Resort Deck and Mast Grill.  That room may be under one of the windows that open in the solarium.  That window is adjacent to a set of loungers that is somewhat private compared to the main area, and often where we've seen passengers resting quietly.  No idea if there would be a sound issue anymore than if there were a cabin or anything else above the room.  

We stayed in the equivalent room on the opposite side on the Edge. The window cleaning machine was parked next to our room. Due to the IV  it didn‘t obstruct our view, but every time they washed the windows they had to come in our room to release the apparatus that holds it in place while sailing. Very intrusive and the room got hot just having the window open for a few minutes. The same situation might exist on that side of the ship.