Royal Caribbean MDR 2023 menus

2 minutes ago, margincall said:

Thank you for making me hungry lol

I get hungry a lot when browsing the menus, especially when not on board - followed by disappointment I’m not on board lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

You go into the app and click the little person icon (circled) in the top right as in the first photo, then choose “select a different cruise” as circled in the second photo. Then scroll to the bottom, where it says ”Browse our ships” then click the ship and sailing date that you would like.  Then find the dining venue are interested in and look at the menu.  This works for the bars and MDR as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.82a3502fe22de79bedb517f1b66d78ed.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.54f1919db17bfc7210ed1e8f10a266ac.jpeg

Thank you,and it worked.guess I misunderstood the general things that I read,that The Mexican menu,was only on western Caribbean cruises

Thanks again

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JK805 said:

I get hungry a lot when browsing the menus, especially when not on board - followed by disappointment I’m not on board lol. 

I just drove my wife crazy.

On our firestick, I put on you tube,a virtual cruise balcony.

It makes you feel like you are actually there,just relaxing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, margincall said:

I just drove my wife crazy.

On our firestick, I put on you tube,a virtual cruise balcony.

It makes you feel like you are actually there,just relaxing

I may just have to do this myself

14 hours ago, margincall said:

I had all these.

My curiosity question,was which would be on a 5 day cruise that combined 2 if the following ports

Falmouth,labadee,puerto plata, Nassau

But it's nothing dealbreaking.

Just curious

Pure guess… but I’d imagine Welcome, France, Caribbean, Italy, Bon Voyage.
But again, just a wild guess with no insight whatsoever. 

I too wish the menus were posted in advance. Planning on an 11 night next year and want to book some specialty restaurants - not the UDP just 2-3 nights. From experience, if I wait until the menus are posted the few weeks before - by that time, reservations at dates/times we want will be difficult if the cruise is full. I'd hate to book a specialty on a night when I like the menu selections.

2 hours ago, seasidemama said:

Planning on an 11 night next year and want to book some specialty restaurants - not the UDP just 2-3 nights. From experience, if I wait until the menus are posted the few weeks before

You can look at any other close in 11 night sailing in the app and assume yours will be the same or very similar.

4 hours ago, seasidemama said:

I too wish the menus were posted in advance. Planning on an 11 night next year and want to book some specialty restaurants - not the UDP just 2-3 nights. From experience, if I wait until the menus are posted the few weeks before - by that time, reservations at dates/times we want will be difficult if the cruise is full. I'd hate to book a specialty on a night when I like the menu selections.

Except for the courtesy first reservation, you have to wait til you board to book the rest anyway when you book any type of dining package.  By then you’ll have the menus.

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Except for the courtesy first reservation, you have to wait til you board to book the rest anyway when you book any type of dining package.  By then you’ll have the menus.

That would be true if I book the UDP. But like I said, I'm not getting the UDP. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can look at any other close in 11 night sailing in the app and assume yours will be the same or very similar.

Next 11 nighter is in September. I'll wait until those menus are posted. Going to have to make a note for myself.  Do you know if the US menus are the same as the European sailings?

10 hours ago, seasidemama said:

That would be true if I book the UDP. But like I said, I'm not getting the UDP. 

It’s true of any dining package.  I made the assumption when you said 2-3 nights that you were looking at either Chops+1 or the 3 night package.  Sorry, my bad. If you are just booking 2-3 totally separate reservations, you should be able to select times immediately.

Edited by poocher

1 hour ago, poocher said:

If you are just booking 2-3 totally separate reservations, you should be able to select times immediately.

poocher - do you know if this is the case for Mason Jar brunch? Not buying a package or any other specialty dining, just MJ. If I buy it online, will I be able to reserve the day/time as I'm buying it? We are traveling with friends and want to make sure we have the same reservation time.

1 hour ago, JustUs275 said:

poocher - do you know if this is the case for Mason Jar brunch? Not buying a package or any other specialty dining, just MJ. If I buy it online, will I be able to reserve the day/time as I'm buying it? We are traveling with friends and want to make sure we have the same reservation time.

You should be able to.  I booked Izumi sushi on our last sailing as a stand alone reservation and was able to choose the day and time when I booked.  I’d say try it.  You’ll know before you make the final purchase if you can choose day/time.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

Yes, let me choose day and time and diners were able to order either ala carte (2 did this) or the prie fixe (1 did this) once there.  I booked them for the first night and I gotta say, it was pretty empty in there when the rest of us stopped by to see how they were doing.  Reservation was for 6:45.  They left stuffed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

Yes, let me choose day and time and diners were able to order either ala carte (2 did this) or the prie fixe (1 did this) once there.  I booked them for the first night and I gotta say, it was pretty empty in there when the rest of us stopped by to see how they were doing.  Reservation was for 6:45.  They left stuffed!

Okay, so you don't pay ahead online when you make the reservation? Because it does list a pp price in the app (~$36 right now I believe). Is it just a reservation pre-cruise, and payment is made onboard once you dine?

Sorry for the confusion..

On 6/17/2023 at 2:49 PM, seasidemama said:

That happened to me.  I booked Samba on Lobster night.  Since I booked it for later in the cruise, I just kept it for now and I am going to go on boarding day and ask if they will just let me move it to another night.  If they won’t I am just going to cancel it and get my $ back.

50 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Okay, so you don't pay ahead online when you make the reservation? Because it does list a pp price in the app (~$36 right now I believe). Is it just a reservation pre-cruise, and payment is made onboard once you dine?

Sorry for the confusion..

No, you pay at the time of booking.  I got it on sale for $28.99 plus gratuity.  That allowed ordering either the prie fixe menu (one from column A, 2 from column B kind of thing) or $35 worth of ala carte items.  I don’t know what they had but it was a lot & all covered by the $28.99 purchase.

Edited by poocher
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poocher said:

No, you pay at the time of booking.  I got it on sale for $28.99 plus gratuity.  That allowed ordering either the prie fixe menu (one from column A, 2 from column B kind of thing) or $35 worth of ala carte items.  I don’t know what they had but it was a lot & all covered by the $28.99 purchase.

Okay, got it.. and thank you for the clarification. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:32 AM, margincall said:

As I told him/her,followed steps and only showed kids menu

Not urgent

Was just trying to get idea

FWIW, I'm one of those people who likes to see the menus far in advance. Though the menus will likely never make me decide to sail one cruise line vs another, it gets me excited, even after 37 cruises. 

• Like 3

On 6/20/2023 at 5:50 PM, KroozNut said:

@JustUs275If you do give it a try, please let us know how it goes. Similar to what poocher described, we're planning to book Izumi online for dinner in a few weeks for a future sailing, so would be interested in how it works.

I ended up calling RCI Crown & Anchor today and made the Mason Jar reservations for us and our friends (I had their reservation # too), since I wanted to make sure we would have reservations at the same time and with a table for 4. I did check availability online first and it only listed 1 available time for the day we wanted - when I called there were several more time options available for that day.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

I ended up calling RCI Crown & Anchor today and made the Mason Jar reservations for us and our friends (I had their reservation # too), since I wanted to make sure we would have reservations at the same time and with a table for 4. I did check availability online first and it only listed 1 available time for the day we wanted - when I called there were several more time options available for that day.

We just booked Izumi for our April '24 sailing, and it worked fine.

• Like 2