NCL Spirit Spring 2024 and 2025 Sailings Disappear

1 hour ago, LloydJr said:

When did your cancellation letter say that they would be issued?

I don’t remember- it’s been a bit since it was cancelled though. Received my CruiseFirst Coupon back. 

Interestingly enough- my Australia one is still wonky on the app and my Europe cruise was just changed and they have not changed it on the app or the website yet! Luckily it was changed for the better.. 

Please give NCL a few days, or perhaps a week at least, to adjust themselves, shuffle and make new deployments, arrange and make new itineraries.

If the Spirit is to be pulled out of Australia/NZ, NCL will not do that until they decide and redeploy another ship to take Spirit's place.

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Please give NCL a few days, or perhaps a week at least, to adjust themselves, shuffle and make new deployments, arrange and make new itineraries.

If the Spirit is to be pulled out of Australia/NZ, NCL will not do that until they decide and redeploy another ship to take Spirit's place.

The spirit was already pulled out for 2025

On 6/16/2023 at 12:36 AM, smillerholmes said:

Grrrr...I am so nervous about this.   It looks like my April 22nd, 2024/Hawaii to Alaska cruise is the last one that is "for sure" which doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence.  

We are on that sailing too. 

On 6/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, bluesea777 said:

I have seen no indication that this statement is correct.

So.. I was on one of the later cruises to be cancelled (Sydney to Bali, December 2024) but never received any of the cancellation information so don't know the exact terms, although I assumed they were the same as people got for the earlier cancellations.

Now in my account there is a 20% coupon for the Jewel, good through 2/18/24 but no coupon for the Spirit. Anyone with any insight?

47 minutes ago, julig22 said:

So.. I was on one of the later cruises to be cancelled (Sydney to Bali, December 2024) but never received any of the cancellation information so don't know the exact terms, although I assumed they were the same as people got for the earlier cancellations.

Now in my account there is a 20% coupon for the Jewel, good through 2/18/24 but no coupon for the Spirit. Anyone with any insight?

12/7/24 embarkation? 

image.png.10e76f717efc0ead16dcbf7e3f081f5b.png

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

12/7/24 embarkation? 

image.png.10e76f717efc0ead16dcbf7e3f081f5b.png

Yes - thank you.

So our offer is totally different - it would have been nice to have known that before I booked another cruise on the Spirit...

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Yes - thank you.

So our offer is totally different - it would have been nice to have known that before I booked another cruise on the Spirit...

I'm sure that they were getting complaints that the 20% off for Spirit effectively forced many to take vacations sooner since the Spirit is turning into a Pumpkin in April 2024.  The Jewel through December 2024 is likely more useful for many.

2 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

I'm sure that they were getting complaints that the 20% off for Spirit effectively forced many to take vacations sooner since the Spirit is turning into a Pumpkin in April 2024.  The Jewel through December 2024 is likely more useful for many.

Jewel through December 2024 would be fine, since the original cruise was in December 2024.  But the offer is only good for the Jewel through February 18, 2024. 

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Yes - thank you.

I'm more concerned that you didn't ever receive notice from NCL. All customers should have been communicated with. I know sometimes NCL will only send these notes to travel agents and ask them to pass the notice on. As this one states...but seriously, how many people didn't receive the notice? I'm curious, did you book direct with NCL or through a travel agent? 

I'm sorry you only just now saw the actual terms of your coupons.

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

I'm more concerned that you didn't ever receive notice from NCL. All customers should have been communicated with. I know sometimes NCL will only send these notes to travel agents and ask them to pass the notice on. As this one states...but seriously, how many people didn't receive the notice? I'm curious, did you book direct with NCL or through a travel agent? 

I'm sorry you only just now saw the actual terms of your coupons.

Booked through NCL.  I was actually speaking with my PCC shortly after it was cancelled - before notices were even sent.  And when I asked about the 20% discount she probably didn't notice it was for the Jewel, not the Spirit.

And yes, not getting any notification is disconcerting - and I have sent a message to corporate. Any bets on whether or not I get an intelligent answer?