NCL Spirit Spring 2024 and 2025 Sailings Disappear

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

No notice yet but it's gone from my account and the CN I used was returned.  I happened to be on the phone with my PCC on another matter on Friday and she found the cancellation notice that had just been released.  Assuming we're getting the same FCC deals.

Thanks,  I just checked my site page and the 2 cruises no longer show up but I haven't received my deposits back yet and still no notice from NCL.  

Very upsetting, this was my 4th attempt for the Australia trip.

Genzi

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Thanks,  I just checked my site page and the 2 cruises no longer show up but I haven't received my deposits back yet and still no notice from NCL.  

Very upsetting, this was my 4th attempt for the Australia trip.

Genzi

NCL tends to drag their feet on these types of refunds.  If I cancel a cruise, the deposit is back on my credit card account in a week.  If they cancel the cruise, they say it will take 30 days to issue the refund, then another 7 to 10 days for it to show up.  It's nonsense.  When it was a fully paid cruise cancelled during Covid, I called my CC and had my funds back in a week.  A $250 deposit?  I'll likely just let them do their normal thing.  30 days at 5% interest is a buck and change.

I still have not received the "official" email but my Cruise rep sent me a copy of it.  

So, once again I am trying to find an Australia itinerary.  In the meantime I booked an Asia sailing on Celebrity Solstice that sails Singapore to Hong Kong and visits quite a bit of Vietnam.  That takes the place of the NCL Bali - Singapore that was cancelled.  So, I am  happy with this since it has so many Vietnam ports.  Hoping that the end of 2025 will open up more Australia choices.

Genzi

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL tends to drag their feet on these types of refunds.  If I cancel a cruise, the deposit is back on my credit card account in a week.  If they cancel the cruise, they say it will take 30 days to issue the refund, then another 7 to 10 days for it to show up.  It's nonsense.  When it was a fully paid cruise cancelled during Covid, I called my CC and had my funds back in a week.  A $250 deposit?  I'll likely just let them do their normal thing.  30 days at 5% interest is a buck and change.

One advantage of using CruiseNext for deposits.  You get a discounted deposit and it's returned to your account almost immediately. The discount more than makes up for any loss of interest because you buy them in advance.

As for the 7-10 days for it to show up, that's on your bank, not NCL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, julig22 said:

One advantage of using CruiseNext for deposits.  You get a discounted deposit and it's returned to your account almost immediately. The discount more than makes up for any loss of interest because you buy them in advance.

As for the 7-10 days for it to show up, that's on your bank, not NCL.

Yeah, I have no problem with the 7-10 days.  I don't believe that I suggested otherwise.  I like CruiseNext, but I'm (of course) losing interest on $125 for every cert I have floating around.  It really doesn't matter though.  It's couch change.

50 minutes ago, smarterman64 said:

Very interesting. That sounds like a good situation for NCL. They'll likely earn more revenue than putting Spirit in the supersaturated Alaska market again. Thank you for sharing this news.

• Like 1

I'm booked for January 4, 2024 - same itinerary. It is still showing as of now. But, as of now, there is only 1 excursion listed which makes me a little nervous.  Also booked for Papeete to Sydney in December 2023 (couldn't make up my mind) and there are plenty of excursions - so it's not like it's too early.

But both dates are still showing as available for booking on the website so maybe they are making an itinerary change.

If they cancel the Spirit cruise I booked to replace the one they originally cancelled do I get multiple 10 & 20% off coupons?  Just joking, that's not how NCL works.

And I still haven't gotten a notice for the one they already did cancel...

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I'm booked for January 4, 2024 - same itinerary. It is still showing as of now. But, as of now, there is only 1 excursion listed which makes me a little nervous.  Also booked for Papeete to Sydney in December 2023 (couldn't make up my mind) and there are plenty of excursions - so it's not like it's too early.

But both dates are still showing as available for booking on the website so maybe they are making an itinerary change.

If they cancel the Spirit cruise I booked to replace the one they originally cancelled do I get multiple 10 & 20% off coupons?  Just joking, that's not how NCL works.

And I still haven't gotten a notice for the one they already did cancel...

I’m heart broken- this would be my 2nd one cancelled and I heard the Sky might also cancel all sailings. 

the Australia cruise is for my birthday- the first time I’ve ever really tried to plan something special for myself for my birthday. 

I received a cancellation for the Alaska Hawaii cruise and just booked 2 separate sailings. Pride of America and Jade. But there’s not another NCL ship that does Australia in 2024…

3 minutes ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

I’m heart broken- this would be my 2nd one cancelled and I heard the Sky might also cancel all sailings. 

the Australia cruise is for my birthday- the first time I’ve ever really tried to plan something special for myself for my birthday. 

I received a cancellation for the Alaska Hawaii cruise and just booked 2 separate sailings. Pride of America and Jade. But there’s not another NCL ship that does Australia in 2024…

I was booked for Australia in 2025 - only itinerary that was mostly Australia - it was just cancelled, much later than all the others. So I was holding out hope.

Curious, does your Jan 28 cruise have any excursions available?

Just now, julig22 said:

I was booked for Australia in 2025 - only itinerary that was mostly Australia - it was just cancelled, much later than all the others. So I was holding out hope.

I can’t see the booking anymore on my app- however there was only one 🙄 a kayaking trip that was 300 or so

we had just received our hotels so I thought we were in the clear

4 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I was super interested in the Australia to Bali one- was looking to book it in the future. Hopefully something similar comes back

• Like 1

Just now, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

I can’t see the booking anymore on my app- however there was only one 🙄 a kayaking trip that was 300 or so

we had just received our hotels so I thought we were in the clear

That's the only one that showed for mine as well.

Might just be the app, since it's still showing as available to book...One never knows with NCL.

Just now, julig22 said:

Might just be the app, since it's still showing as available to book...One never knows with NCL.

Someone on Facebook just tried to mock-book and it didn’t let them complete it. I have no idea what’s going on 🙃

Is it possible that Taiwan is preparing for imminent attack from China?  China has been threatening to invade Taiwan for the past year or so. Could they be planning an escape for their government officials and their families if necessary?  It will be interesting to monitor this situation.  

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, julig22 said:

I'm on a 2/9/24 cruise and I don't see anything that would indicate a change in the status.  There is only one excursion as of now, but that was just added in the past couple of weeks.  I figure that because it is so seasonal they cannot confirm things with the operators too far in advance.  People on cruises in the 23-24 season said their excursions did not become available until nearer the 120 day point.

12 hours ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Oh no!!! Is my Australia Cruise being cancelled now too? 🙃

1D171A30-7D86-4BED-A43E-A80D9474A9C4.png

There is currently no cancellation letter for your 1/28/24 cruise. I hope that's good news for you...but you're smart to keep looking. Just try not to get too sad about the whole experience. Yep, that's way easier said than done....I'm hoping for you!!

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

There is currently no cancellation letter for your 1/28/24 cruise. I hope that's good news for you...but you're smart to keep looking. Just try not to get too sad about the whole experience. Yep, that's way easier said than done....I'm hoping for you!!

Thank you!! It does but I’m still nervous. We picked a back up voyage for my birthday on the viva if anything happens. This is the only itinerary acting like this on my account. Fingers crossed it’s okay! 

8 minutes ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Thank you!! It does but I’m still nervous. We picked a back up voyage for my birthday on the viva if anything happens. This is the only itinerary acting like this on my account. Fingers crossed it’s okay! 

Once I had an itinerary do this. It is because they changed some of the ports of call. It did eventually go back to normal, but I definitely understand that's it annoying! And, it's not like you could call NCL to get an answer. The representatives wouldn't have the slightest clue or might just construct a story to tell you. After all this you better come back here and tell us how AMAZING your birthday cruise was. 🙂

Edited by cruiseny4life

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

Once I had an itinerary do this. It is because they changed some of the ports of call. It did eventually go back to normal, but I definitely understand that's it annoying! And, it's not like you could call NCL to get an answer. The representatives wouldn't have the slightest clue or might just construct a story to tell you. After all this you better come back here and tell us how AMAZING your birthday cruise was. 🙂

Crazy because they have already altered this sailing! They also still have not dispersed coupons for my cancellations. Crazy! 

I absolutely will follow up!!! 

cheers! 

• Thanks 1