NCL Spirit Spring 2024 and 2025 Sailings Disappear

Hi there! 
My partner and I booked the NCL Spirit for Alaska to Hawaii and my friend and her fiancée wanted to come with us. When trying to send her the link we realized the booking was gone. 

Should I be waiting for a cancellation email? Hopefully a credit as well! 

P.S also have this ship booked for Australia 2024. Nervous that will be cancelled too…

55 minutes ago, Aquarius_traveler129 said:

Hi there! 
My partner and I booked the NCL Spirit for Alaska to Hawaii and my friend and her fiancée wanted to come with us. When trying to send her the link we realized the booking was gone. 

Should I be waiting for a cancellation email? Hopefully a credit as well! 

P.S also have this ship booked for Australia 2024. Nervous that will be cancelled too…

It might help if you narrowed that date range down to less than two years.

• Like 1

Just tried my saved link to my December 2024 Sydney to Bali cruise and got the "your itinerary no longer available" notice. But it's still in my account, no change in itinerary. Hope it's just a glitch in the system but... Darn, finally found a cruise to places in Australia, other than Sydney.

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It might help if you narrowed that date range down to less than two years.

Nothing showing on NCL site for Spirit after April, 2024.  Here's what cruisemapper shows as the schedule

image.thumb.png.f7c936a74244c52c110064b3a080fe9e.png

They might be pulled the itinerary due to dropping of the Valdez port from these sailings and changing the order of ports. This thread has more about Valdez issue this year and i think this will also effect the future sailings:

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

They might be pulled the itinerary due to dropping of the Valdez port from these sailings and changing the order of ports. This thread has more about Valdez issue this year and i think this will also effect the future sailings:

I thought that too but our itinerary doesn’t go there 

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

Just tried my saved link to my December 2024 Sydney to Bali cruise and got the "your itinerary no longer available" notice. But it's still in my account, no change in itinerary. Hope it's just a glitch in the system but... Darn, finally found a cruise to places in Australia, other than Sydney.

Nothing showing on NCL site for Spirit after April, 2024.  Here's what cruisemapper shows as the schedule

image.thumb.png.f7c936a74244c52c110064b3a080fe9e.png

We were really excited for that one- seemed super cool 

I would have been excited to cruise around Australia and New Zealand too, however, when looking at a few other sites, it seems NCL is not visiting the area at all. I only selected the destination, the length (I won't do short cruises) and that's it.  No NCL at all. 

Too bad. 

Sorry should mention the first few months in '24. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Just now, All-ready2cruise said:

I would have been excited to cruise around Australia and New Zealand too, however, when looking at a few other sites, it seems NCL is not visiting the area at all. I only selected the destination, the length (I won't do short cruises) and that's it.  No NCL at all. 

Too bad. 

Really? Ours is 12 days long but it’s in 2024

46 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Too bad. 

Sorry should mention the first few months in '24. 

The Spirit is/was scheduled for Australia in late 24/early 25 and some of us have reservations, as of now, reservations that are still apparently valid. But the entire schedule for Spirit has disappeared so whether or not NCL is still going there is unknown at the moment..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

The Spirit is/was scheduled for Australia in late 24/early 25 and some of us have reservations, as of now, reservations that are still apparently valid. But the entire schedule for Spirit has disappeared so whether or not NCL is still going there is unknown ...

Trending-wise lately with NCL's fleet schedule and re-deployment, dry-dock schedules and charters ... I would be extra cautious and careful in booking & planning that far ahead.  Think for a moment, the Epic ... 

• Like 3

I just received my cancellation notice for Feb 8, 2025 Australia to NZ sailing.  It says everything from Feb 8 - Nov 23 is gone.  I am so upset.  I've been worried since NCL starting randomly screwing around with itineraries all over the place and now it has happened.  At least I don't have flights and all yet and I haven't paid for new credit cards to work on points for air, but still, a lot of planning down the tube.

• Like 1

There's a letter from NCL that canceled the 2/8/25 - 11/23/25 sailings on Spirit. 

Y'all will get a 20% discount FCC to use toward published Spirit itineraiers from 6/23/23 - 4/22/24, effective 6/23 (how do you use it for a 6/23 sailing if you get it on 6/23?). 

You'll get a 10% discount for any sailings from 6/23/23 - 12/31/25. It's not combinable with the 20% discount. 

Same with 5/8/24 - 6/17/24 sailings on Spirit. Similar FCC's to be issued. 

Sorry everyone booked! 

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1

So at the moment, 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, Mommapadraig said:

2 People are reporting on the other site that they have emails cancelling their June 2024 and October 2024 cruises.

That one isn't surprising, why go to Alaska before/after the charter in Tahiti.

On 6/14/2023 at 8:24 AM, cruiseny4life said:

There's a letter from NCL that canceled the 2/8/25 - 11/23/25 sailings on Spirit. 

Something I hadn't noticed earlier was a break in January 2025, nothing booked - which can be an early indication that things might change.

At the moment anyway, Australia/Bali in late 2024 seems to still be on the schedule.  The Dec 21, 2024 cruise ends in Singapore so maybe the Spirit will be staying in Asia - back to it's original roots!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Y'all will get a 20% discount FCC to use toward published Spirit itineraiers from 6/23/23 - 4/22/24, effective 6/23 (how do you use it for a 6/23 sailing if you get it on 6/23?). 

The Alaska cruises this summer are severely undersold. Lots of voyages being operated with unoccupied cabins. A 20% discount on an interior cabin is currently about $60 per person. How very generous of NCL. On the plus side, this announcement is being made well in advance of the sailing. Sorry to everyone impacted by this latest change.

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

I just received my cancellation notice for Feb 8, 2025 Australia to NZ sailing.  It says everything from Feb 8 - Nov 23 is gone.  I am so upset.  I've been worried since NCL starting randomly screwing around with itineraries all over the place and now it has happened.  At least I don't have flights and all yet and I haven't paid for new credit cards to work on points for air, but still, a lot of planning down the tube.

Bummer. However, the silver lining is that you still have a lot of time to find something else to do then, if you choose to cruise during that same time period. If 2020 taught me anything, it's not to assume anything that happens years down the road.

I just received an email from NCL. 
My Spirit cruise from Tahiti to Hawaii on June 5, 2024 has been canceled. 

Below is the email I received:

Thank you for your loyalty and for making us your vacation of choice. We have important information regarding your upcoming sailing on board Norwegian Spirit. Travel Partners are asked to please share this information with impacted guests.

As a company, we are committed to providing exceptional vacation experiences, both aboard our ships and by taking our guests to some of the most sought-out destinations around the world. As a result of a fleet redeployment, Norwegian Spirit's sailings from May 8, 2024, through and including June 17, 2024, have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A full monetary refund of the fare paid will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of reservation. No further action is required; your refund will be automatically processed within 30 business days. You will see the refund returned to the original form of payment in seven to 10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on each financial institution's internal policies. 

For those reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be automatically re-applied to your Latitudes account within ten days of the cancelation date. No further action is required. 

As a token of our appreciation, we have issued a 20% discount in the form of an FCC to be used towards any of our published Norwegian Spirit itineraries from June 23, 2023, through and including April 22, 2024. The FCC will be available for use on June 23, 2023.

In addition, we have issued a 10% discount in the form of an FCC to be used towards any of our published sailings from June 23, 2023, through and including December 31, 2024. The FCC will be available for use on June 23, 2023. Please note that this coupon is not combinable with the above mentioned 20% Norwegian Spirit FCC. 

Our dedicated team is available to help you rebook your dream vacation when you are ready. Please contact us at 1-800-327-7030 or your travel professional to get started. Guests residing outside of the U.S. or Canada should visit www.ncl.com for local contact information. 

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon. 

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

• Thanks 1

My travel agent has just posted a message on social media, and will be in touch with clients.

I have checked my NCL account, and my cruise out of Singapore is still there.  I booked it using a discount from a previously cancelled cruise, and a CruiseNext voucher.

Fingers crossed it hasn't been cancelled.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Bummer. However, the silver lining is that you still have a lot of time to find something else to do then, if you choose to cruise during that same time period. If 2020 taught me anything, it's not to assume anything that happens years down the road.

I was worried about how NCL was canceling big swaths of dates over the past month or so.  Unfortunately, this is a bucket list to Australia and New Zealand and they canceled all of them with nothing new in their place as of yet.  This was the only ship NCL had in that region.  Luckily, we are retired, so other than having to plan much more quickly than I hoped, and not being able to save all of the money ahead of time, we are moving to the same cruise in 2024 (at least until they cancel that one).

I have a booking holding an interior cabin that I like, but we won't get the FCC for another 9 days so that one will likely get canceled and rebooked unless prices go up 20% in the next 9 days.  I'm not sure why it will take so long to issue the FCCs and I'm hoping return my double-meta upgrade points to World Points so that hopefully I can try again for my double-meta upgrade.

On 6/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, alwalaska said:

I was worried about how NCL was canceling big swaths of dates over the past month or so.  Unfortunately, this is a bucket list to Australia and New Zealand and they canceled all of them with nothing new in their place as of yet.  This was the only ship NCL had in that region.  Luckily, we are retired, so other than having to plan much more quickly than I hoped, and not being able to save all of the money ahead of time, we are moving to the same cruise in 2024 (at least until they cancel that one).

Australia to Bali and Bali to Singapore in December 2024 have not been cancelled yet. So they seem to still be planning something in that part of the world. Maybe NZ/Aus in late 2024, Asia in 2025.