Shareholder benefits question

Hello!  I just found out about shareholder benefits but have question. I did send the question to their email but just got a standard auto email reply.

We booked our cruise (sailing June 2024) in December 2022.  When I go to the shareholder benefits page, it appears you just have to be a shareholder at the time of sailing. But under restrictions it says "Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2023."

I don't understand. It appears this program has been in place for a number of years (as I found postings for it in this forum) but if it applies to booking after June 1, 2023, then I don't qualify.  Am I mis-understanding?  How did other people take advantage of this if you had to have booked after June 1, 2023 (that was just 17 days ago!)

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can apply at any time and applying via shareholderbenefit@rccl.com seems to work better/faster than that online form.

Lol I never got it from that address so tried the form and ot worked for me.

I'm waiting a bit longer.. I have it for sept but  nothing beyond. I actually applied once for the b2b on harmony earlier and never heard back. ..so now I'm waiting. Who knows which works better. I'll try one if it dlesnt answer then the other. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I never got it from that address

Most have reported a receipt confirmation email within a few minutes and the OBC within a couple of days - regardless of how far the cruise is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I never got it from that address so tried the form and ot worked for me.

I'm waiting a bit longer.. I have it for sept but  nothing beyond. I actually applied once for the b2b on harmony earlier and never heard back. ..so now I'm waiting. Who knows which works better. I'll try one if it dlesnt answer then the other. 

I know lots of people that have had their shareholders obc applied to their 2025 sailings.  You can apply as soon as you book regardless of when the cruise sails. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know lots of people that have had their shareholders obc applied to their 2025 sailings.  You can apply as soon as you book regardless of when the cruise sails. 

One of us already has it applied to the 2025 Bella cruise 😇

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

One of us already has it applied to the 2025 Bella cruise 😇

Yep, their website for investors/shareholders doesn't show any time frames other than submitting the request at least 2 - 3 weeks before the sail date, at least not from what I saw.

https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We have ours for 2024 and 2025 cruises 

• 6 months later...
  • I just resubmitted for the third time! first time said the reservation number was missing, It was there. Then they wanted statements no more then 90 days. They were fine.
  • Just sent my year-end in the online form and through the email they sent my denial from.

So frustrating