Miami Cruise, Need Hotel with Airport Transportation and Transportation to Cruise Ship

qsilvermom

We're going on a 7 day cruise out of Miami and we'll be flying into Miami. I'm looking for a decent hotel with transportation to and from the airport and to and from the Miami port, especially the latter since I can grab an uber if necessary to and from the airport. We'll need a hotel the day before our cruise and we'll be flying out the day after the cruise ends so we'll need one-night hotel after the cruise with a shuttle to and from the port. (Do the hotels have shuttles from the port back to the hotel?) What are your favorite hotels to stay in and why? I'm not sure how to search for hotels in the area with shuttles to and from the cruise. And, one more question - since I've never cruised out of Miami, do the shuttles drop you near enough to where we need to go?

28 minutes ago, qsilvermom said:

We're going on a 7 day cruise out of Miami and we'll be flying into Miami. I'm looking for a decent hotel with transportation to and from the airport and to and from the Miami port, especially the latter since I can grab an uber if necessary to and from the airport. We'll need a hotel the day before our cruise and we'll be flying out the day after the cruise ends so we'll need one-night hotel after the cruise with a shuttle to and from the port. (Do the hotels have shuttles from the port back to the hotel?) What are your favorite hotels to stay in and why? I'm not sure how to search for hotels in the area with shuttles to and from the cruise. And, one more question - since I've never cruised out of Miami, do the shuttles drop you near enough to where we need to go?

If you stay by the airport you will have no problem getting a hotel with a shuttle from the airport.  I know a few have a port shuttle (Marriott by the airport for one), but it is a sign up the day before, first come first serve.  I had decided on getting my own from Doral Transportation for $30 for both of us.  Uber might have also been about the same price.  The Marriott shuttle wasn't leaving until after my arrival time at the port.  Last time I used Doral was fall of '21.  I have tried to contact them for updated pricing, but haven't heard back.  You can also shuttle back to the airport and take your cruise line shuttle.  I don't think that is the best or cheapest way to do it, but I have heard of people doing that.  Most of the hotels by the port do not have airport shuttles, and many do not offer port shuttles either.  

The area where you are dropped off by the port is very close, and usually the porters are to greet you and collect your luggage.  

Enjoy your cruise. I love cruising out of Miami!  Do no miss the sail away!

We like to stay at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.  I'm guessing we have now stayed there at least a dozen times pre-cruise.   We have several things we have enjoyed about this hotel:  easy shuttles, nice rooms with fridge & microwave, a decent free breakfast, and good shopping/dining across the street.

It has a free shuttle from the airport starting about 6am in the morning.   When you check in, you can sign up for shuttles to the airport for $10 per person.  They usually run two or more shuttles (with a private company) at something like 10am and 11am.  We've never had a problem getting on the shuttle and it's been very reliable.  If there are a lot of cruisers, the shuttle company has provided more than one shuttle at a certain time and will load them depending on what ship you are on.

Directly across the street you can walk to a Publix, Burlington Coat Factory, and a couple of places to eat.  Nothing fancy, but we enjoy getting Cuban food at Casa Juan or a made to order sandwich at Publix's deli.    And, if you've forgotten to pack  something, you can find almost anything at Burlington or Publix.  (We have forgotten sandals before!)

3 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We like to stay at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.  I'm guessing we have now stayed there at least a dozen times pre-cruise.   We have several things we have enjoyed about this hotel:  easy shuttles, nice rooms with fridge & microwave, a decent free breakfast, and good shopping/dining across the street.

It has a free shuttle from the airport starting about 6am in the morning.   When you check in, you can sign up for shuttles to the airport for $10 per person.  They usually run two or more shuttles (with a private company) at something like 10am and 11am.  We've never had a problem getting on the shuttle and it's been very reliable.  If there are a lot of cruisers, the shuttle company has provided more than one shuttle at a certain time and will load them depending on what ship you are on.

Directly across the street you can walk to a Publix, Burlington Coat Factory, and a couple of places to eat.  Nothing fancy, but we enjoy getting Cuban food at Casa Juan or a made to order sandwich at Publix's deli.    And, if you've forgotten to pack  something, you can find almost anything at Burlington or Publix.  (We have forgotten sandals before!)

We are staying at the EB Hotel Miami airport, an approx. 17 minute ride to the port and less than 5 minutes from Miami Airport.  They offer a "Stay and Cruise Package" https://www.ebhotels.com/miami/packages this link lists what is included. The shuttle is not free and includes shuttle service to Miami Airport and Miami Cruise port. We are staying there 2 nights pre-trip and 1 night post.   https://www.ebhotels.com/miami  

There is zero need for a port shuttle. If you are comfortable with using Uber than who cares about shuttles. Stay in a hotel in the Brickell area or Downtown Miami. Brickell is the better location. The day of the cruise you'll have a 10-15 min 2-3 mile drive in an Uber for no more than $15-$20 max. 

Popular lower cost hotel in Brickell is Hampton Inn Brickell. The options for hotels in Downtown and Brickell are endless. But make sure to check reviews and don't book on price alone. 

Again, forget about the shuttles. Any shuttles that cost per-person are usually more expensive. The port is right in the middle of the city. Pick your hotel based on where you want to spend time in Miami. Getting to the port and from/to the airport is easy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flymia said:

There is zero need for a port shuttle. If you are comfortable with using Uber than who cares about shuttles. Stay in a hotel in the Brickell area or Downtown Miami. Brickell is the better location. The day of the cruise you'll have a 10-15 min 2-3 mile drive in an Uber for no more than $15-$20 max. 

Popular lower cost hotel in Brickell is Hampton Inn Brickell. The options for hotels in Downtown and Brickell are endless. But make sure to check reviews and don't book on price alone. 

Again, forget about the shuttles. Any shuttles that cost per-person are usually more expensive. The port is right in the middle of the city. Pick your hotel based on where you want to spend time in Miami. Getting to the port and from/to the airport is easy. 

Good insights!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 12:15 AM, JHLH821 said:

We are staying at the EB Hotel Miami airport, an approx. 17 minute ride to the port and less than 5 minutes from Miami Airport.  They offer a "Stay and Cruise Package" https://www.ebhotels.com/miami/packages this link lists what is included. The shuttle is not free and includes shuttle service to Miami Airport and Miami Cruise port. We are staying there 2 nights pre-trip and 1 night post.   https://www.ebhotels.com/miami  

Where did you see that the EB shuttle is not free? Our non-package booking says Courtesy Shuttle to and from the airport. Perhaps you meant the port shuttle?

59 minutes ago, Muckyduckway said:

Where did you see that the EB shuttle is not free? Our non-package booking says Courtesy Shuttle to and from the airport. Perhaps you meant the port shuttle?

I was referring to the package. Correct, the hotel does offer a courtesy airport shuttle

• Thanks 1