Tracking Device for Child on Vision of the Seas?

3 hours ago, sammee said:

My son started that at the age of 2.5 or so. Actually much younger. He would try and escape the carriage before he could walk, that was a challenge too. I used a handholder leash. We each had it on a wrist and it had a spiral cord attached between the two. He was a smarty, he'd wait until I had to pick up his infant sister and bolt. Always when you least expected it. People bashed you for using these items, people accuse you of not paying attention. I say poop on them. My kid was safer and lived to tell it. 

Absolutely- I swear its usually people without kids that think you're a bad parent because you are taking precautions to prevent your kid from running off, which you know they very well may do

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

While I agree with this 99% of the time, kids DO get wild and on occasion will wonder off. Parents can get distracted for a half second, and thats all it takes.  

Yeah and then something happens and whom do they blame? Themselves or the cruise line for "not being safe enough"

2 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Yeah and then something happens and whom do they blame? Themselves or the cruise line for "not being safe enough"

Why do you say that? I’ve lost kids before and it’s totally my fault (or my husband’s). We are outnumbered 5 to 2. Lost track of my nephew at the beach, 3 of us were watching 8 kids with our eyes never leaving to ocean, in front of the lifeguards, they were bodysurfing, headcount went down to 7, I started yelling, lifeguards cleared the water, nephew had somehow teleported back to our chairs, to this day I have no idea how he got there unnoticed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LeslieMusician said:

I had thought about the tag, but in addition to the cost of WiFi, apparently it would be hard to use a gps in the ocean on a moving ship. Plus the metal in the ship would block a lot of signals. Sadly, I think this whole idea would not work very well. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not an apple guy) BUT I think airtags work off bluetooth and bounce off other airtags and iphones, I don't think they require wifi or gps. 

8 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not an apple guy) BUT I think airtags work off bluetooth and bounce off other airtags and iphones, I don't think they require wifi or gps. 

An AirTag transmits a secure signal via bluetooth that can be detected by other Apple devices that are within range (~ 33 feet) and connected to the Find Me network. These devices in turn relay the identifier of the AirTag to Apple’s servers, along with their location data. Consequently, the devices that detect the AirTag's signal need to be connected to a cellular or wifi network in order to pass the information to Apple.