Yacht club embarkation lunch

NCteacherlovescruising

We had lunch in the YC restaurant on our embarkation day for our Med cruise, but for the cruise we were one there is no standard embarkation day (e.g. folks could embark from any of the cities Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa, Napoli, Messina, Malta) as the ship goes into a continuous circle around the western Med.  Thus, from a YC restaurant perspective, there is no difference between any of the days.  You have the option of both the YC restaurant and the YC grill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikodemos said:

We had lunch in the YC restaurant on our embarkation day for our Med cruise, but for the cruise we were one there is no standard embarkation day (e.g. folks could embark from any of the cities Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa, Napoli, Messina, Malta) as the ship goes into a continuous circle around the western Med.  Thus, from a YC restaurant perspective, there is no difference between any of the days.  You have the option of both the YC restaurant and the YC grill.

We will be sailing from Port Canaveral so everyone will get on there. I wonder if they have a special lunch in the states?  Celebrity has lobster rolls on embarkation day in the retreat, but I understand MSC does that at their private island. 

The menu rotates daily, and I unfortunately did not capture any of them all week.

What I do remember is that there is always a Caesar salad and a burger available. I believe for us last week there was pasta and a fish fillet. On the buffet, they had a carving station, fresh grilled steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, seafood (scallops were amazing) as well desserts and a salad bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here was ours on Meraviglia QR_W_YC_LUNCH_DAY1_EN_1682705785.pdf. (Also the MSC lobster roll is better than X’s 😆… friends like the roll especially. I got just the stuffing as a side with my burger on Ocean Cay) 

I’m embarrassed to admit I also had a “second lunch” at sailaway at the grill. They’re open pretty late. The lamb chops up there and often scallops/shrimp grilled are great. 

Edited by sbcs5390
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Remember the grilled tournedos are beef filet. I saw a review video where someone said they “have to watch out for the Italian words” as they didn’t realize that’s what was offered. 😆 bunch of photos attached! I had the octopus soup which was nice. 

70387473124__790D0D5F-13F8-44F2-AA45-00B47592C557.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

70388202296__FE136546-92A9-4A97-A46E-4615C76812A5.jpeg

IMG_6008.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We will be sailing from Port Canaveral so everyone will get on there. I wonder if they have a special lunch in the states?  Celebrity has lobster rolls on embarkation day in the retreat, but I understand MSC does that at their private island. 

No guarantees, but the menu posted by sbcs5390 is the same first day lunch menu we have had on our last three MSC sailings.  The hamchi and avocado carpaccio is so good that I ask them to save some back so that I can have it as a dinner starter that night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sbcs5390 said:

Remember the grilled tournedos are beef filet. I saw a review video where someone said they “have to watch out for the Italian words” as they didn’t realize that’s what was offered. 😆 bunch of photos attached! I had the octopus soup which was nice. 

70387473124__790D0D5F-13F8-44F2-AA45-00B47592C557.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_6007.jpeg

70388202296__FE136546-92A9-4A97-A46E-4615C76812A5.jpeg

IMG_6008.jpeg

Ah,  the lamb chops. If they ever go missing from embarkation day I will be so disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1