Dry Dock Schedule?

aaaaa

Good day.  Is there a reliable source for Cunard dry-dock schedules?  I'm particularly interested in the date of the next full dry dock (i.e., a refurbishment rather than a mere propeller fix!) for the Queen Victoria.  Thank you.

I don't know of any definitive source for Cunard drydock schedules. I can tell you there is a gap in Queen Victoria's 2024 schedule during October 31-November 14, 2024. She completes a Spain and Portugal cruise at Southampton on October 30, 2024 and resumes service with an Amsterdam Short Break cruise from Southampton on November 15, 2024.

Such a gap in the schedule is often a pretty good indicator of a planned drydock especially when there's a "short break" cruise scheduled immediately after the gap (although there are other possible explanations such as a charter). If that gap does indicate a drydock, then it probably won't involve much more than routine inspection and maintenance since that's only two weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I’m not sure she need a refurbishment. She seemed very spruce when I was on board. Wasn’t she in Belfast for a while during lockdown, so not long ago?

That's correct. QV was in drydock at Harland & Wolff in Belfast for about three weeks during May 2022 after her stint as a support ship in the Caribbean and just prior to her return to service in June 2022.

• Like 2

Thank you.  I was concerned because some recent Cruise Critic reviews describe the ship as "shabby," "tired," and in need of a "full refurb."

Edited by aaaaa

1 minute ago, aaaaa said:

Thank you.  I was concerned because some recent Cruise Critic reviews describe the ship as "shabby," "tired," and in need of a "full refurb."

How fortunate those people have never seen my house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, aaaaa said:

Must be two Queen Victoria's then.  Obviously  we didn't look in all the cabins for a close inspection, but she seemed fine to us a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

I was just on the QV (June 6th - 18th).  Our cabin was on deck 6 and during the cruise the lamp shades were being replaced in all the aft cabins on deck 6.  

My first voyage on QV and did not find it to be shabby.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, aaaaa said:

Just got off 18th June ship was fine in all respects

• Like 4

We were aboard QUEEN VICTORIA in May and she was in no way "shabby". Inside or out.  There was a rotating eight-man deck maintenance team that were busy and meticulous and if you know ship maintenance, you know when it's being done right. It is.  

• Like 1