Any Experience Of Three Adults In A Cabin On Sapphire?

Phillip Toddy

We are three adults who are thinking of crusing on Sapphire Princess for 19 nights. Two of us have cruised before in a BA balcony cabin which was configured as two single beds. Very comfortable.

What we are having trouble picturing is the sleeping configuration when a cabin is set up for three adults.

Is a fold-up bed wheeled in and out every night? Is there such a bed hidden in the cabin all the time? Are there larger rooms somewhere on the ship mostly for three adults?

Any other stories of three on a boat would be interestign too.

Any assistance from experienced travellers would be appreciated.

Regards to all fellow cruise freaks

Phillip

actually, the third bed folds down out of the wall and is like a bunk bed....ie, the person climbs up into it. The room is no larger than any other standard balcony room.

The only way of avoiding this is to get a mini-suite where the sofa converts to a bed.

19 days might be a bit long. We had 4 in an ocean view for a seven day Alasks last summer. two were drop down from the ceiling. Took a bit of planning for fromal nights as two were 18 yearold girls plus wife and I. Had another daughter in with her Grandparents. You really don't spend a lot of time in your cabin anyway for the $$$ saved I'd organize had no problems really. It took our steard a night or two to figure out when to make out the bunks so a little communication hlps. I've never seen the mini being worth the extra $$$ but then we normally buy inside and cruise twice as often but that's us.

Hi- We were 4 (inside cabin) on the Sapphire in Jan. for 7 nights, & it was heaven. For us, it's the only way our family can afford to travel, so we just do it! 19 days would be tight, but if it meant the difference of being able to take a cruise or not, I'd do it in a heartbeat! The beds are pulled out from the ceiling at night. I also must say that we're only in our cabin to sleep.

We will be three in a cabin on the sapphire next week.

CruisinToddler posted this picture on another thread which I believe was on the diamond which is the sister to the sapphire. Also, you might do a search as I have seen other pictures in a different configeration. I have also heard the ladies can shower in the spa

attachment.php?attachmentid=17911&stc=1&d=1141828639

We will be three in a cabin on the sapphire next week.

CruisinToddler posted this picture on another thread which I believe was on the diamond which is the sister to the sapphire. Also, you might do a search as I have seen other pictures in a different configeration. I have also heard the ladies can shower in the spa

attachment.php?attachmentid=17911&stc=1&d=1141828639

The picture here is of a mini suite, not a balcony cabin. They would be much roomier for three adults.

4 adults in the inside/outside cabins is definitely a little tight, but doable, especially if you don't spend a lot of time in your room. In my opinion, even a suite would be too small a space for me to be confined in all day for a week or more, so the room really doesn't make a difference. I don't know about 19 days but 3/4 to a room is normally fine. The only thing is expect some waits/delays when it comes to showering or changing/getting ready and watch your head after the bunks have been lowered!

The picture here is of a mini suite, not a balcony cabin. They would be much roomier for three adults.

Yep its a minisuite - and I can't recall which ship its off of because I "borrowed" the photo from someone else on cruisecritic who was kind enough to post it awhile ago. However, from what I understand, most of the minisuites look the same anyways.

There are also pictures of and links to pictures of all sorts of upper berth cabin configurations around these boards - try a search to give yourself an idea of the space.

I think that's true. We had a balcony room and a toddler and the pull down bed was directly over our bed. It's doable for adults, but it will be tight - hopefully you guys really like eachother ;)

Archived