ez-air question

Shaver John

This may have been asked before but we have not used ez-air before and we are just a bit confused. We have a flight from Sydney to SFO and ez-air set us up at 11:30 in the morning we leave the ship. That is great if we can make it, and of course we hope and expect to. But, in the event that the ship is late getting into Sydney what happen to ez-air. Do they put us in a hotel, send us home on another flight, or, and do they keep the same seat style, -ie-premium coach, coach or business class that we now have paid for? Just curious. We have paid for Princess transfer from the ship, but plan to jump into a cab as soon as the docking allows as we do carry off and would only use the transfer as plan b. Any info would be appreciated.

Ez-Air would not have allowed you to book a flight not acceptable to the guidelines based on Port departure and arrivals.

I sailed the Majestic last year on the LA to SYD sailing last Sept. I booked a DL flight on my own using miles. I was traveling solo so the easiest and cheapest option was to take the train which was only about a 10 minute, at most,  walk on level flat surface, from the port. There is an airport ‘add fee’ if you leave or arrive to the airport stations. If you are 2 passengers or more, Uber is probably your best option. You also do not need to ‘buy’ tickets. The turnstiles accept contactless ‘tap’ credit cards, so you tap in and out, and you are charged the same rate as if you had the ‘opal’ card, which is the best rate. Of course, hopefully your credit card does not have foreign transaction fees. If, I remember correctly the train fare with the airport added fee was about $22 USD after conversion.

You should be able to see current fares on the Sydney transport website. The train runs very frequently.

Make sure you tap out, as you will be charged the MAX daily fare if you ‘fail’ to tap out.

In case there is a major delay in arriving Sydney, EZ air would rebook you on the next available flight in the same class. The ship would probably allow you to call from the ship or would advise you they are already working on rebooking passengers with EZAir. 

I was on the Sapphire in February 2020 and our 21 day sailing roundtrip Singapore was cut short on day11. The ship informed us Princess would rebook those passengers who used EZ air and allowed use of the ships phones to call your airline to make alternate arrangements if you booked independently. My cousin who was traveling with me, was planning on going to Thailand after the cruise, so we had to call from the ship to change his flight to Ten days earlier and get him more hotel reservations. Princess also said they would reimburse change fees up to a certain amount which was a reasonable amount and covered my cousins change fee, sorry I do not remember what the amount was.

I would cancel your Princess transfer as you will have to wait for the bus to be full before they leave for the airport.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

For those saying not to take the Princess transfer, is EZAir going to say they're not responsible for rebooking after missing a flight because someone deviated from the transportation they bought from Princess (therefore they didn't give Princess the opportunity to get them airport in time to make their flight)?

Might be a moot point if the ship docks or begins debarking passengers after the flight departure time, but otherwise maybe EZAir says they don't know what you did after Princess scanned you off the ship?  All else equal, logically you should get to the airport sooner in a cab vs. waiting for Princess' bus to fill up, but how does Princess know that you didn't, for instance, miss your flight because you made a sightseeing stop on your way to the airport?

This passenger is travelling to SFO from Sydney.  My experience is that it's best to use the transfer if you have EZ air flights because if the the ships arrival OR the ships transfer makes you miss your flight Princess/ EZair will handle flight rebooking.on your behalf. If you use your own transfer method to the airport and miss your flight it is all on you. as the previous writer has said if Ezair has let you book a flight at 11.30 they are confident you will make it.   I had a flight at 9.50am and our transfer bus was at 7,15 for the port we were in and we made it in plenty of time to check in for an international flight. So as per previous reply I would definitely recommend taking the Princess transfer.