Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipes

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Whew! Lots of new drinks to try! Thanks!

250+ now! ha ha

I hope people are not getting tired of these recipes

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

MAI TAI 
Beach Bar Menu 
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

01MaiTai.thumb.jpeg.75bbd754cc05ee2642ed14141bb2f816.jpeg

NOTE:
The dark rum and sweet & sour mix are not included in the ingredients list on the menus on Coco Cay.  I'm not sure if they use a different recipe on the island.  I decided to add these ingredients like they do on the ship.

This cocktail is also on the menus at Coco Beach Club and Captain Jack's

01MaiTai.thumb.jpeg.d59b6e72120480a872d05dba4e614961.jpeg 03MaiTai.thumb.jpeg.313a8f9d1f7af2e1cecdfa1d540e42d6.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

GOOMBAY SMASH
Beach Bar Menu
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

02GoombaySmash.thumb.jpeg.9cf2c5669efa7df2433f5aca0b609f0e.jpeg

NOTE:

This cocktail is also on the menus at Coco Beach Club and Hideaway Beach.

02GoombaySmash.thumb.jpeg.969e0efa4166667f9573dfe73ea31914.jpeg  02GoombaySmash.thumb.jpeg.19256df1054f686068fa5319f6c2d8d1.jpeg

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

HURRICANE Coco Cay Version 
Beach Bar Menu
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

03HurricaneCocoCayVersion.thumb.jpeg.d8e826ed30c6e45a03ffecd7adb9d364.jpeg

NOTE:
This is the first time I'm posting a copycat version of a Royal cocktail.  From what I gather, Hurricane on Coco Cay has no grenadine.  It also has ingredients that are different from those used onboard. I will edit the graphic when I get the actual recipe the bartenders use.

While doing research on this, I found out that the original Hurricane was yellow because it only had rum, passion fruit syrup and lime juice.  The red color came with the addition of grenadine in later versions.

This cocktail is also on the menus at Coco Beach Club and Captain Jack's.

03HurricaneCocoCayVersion.thumb.jpeg.72e6a565b585cf66e832079fbbd1e3a9.jpeg 06HurricaneCocoCayVersion.thumb.jpeg.ad1c5276717bd6f2b6b33e2c03bd5dad.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

GUAVA 'RITA
The 'Rita Collection
Beach Bar Menu
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

07GuavaRita.thumb.jpeg.747cd0c8549298f97a04623ed18bd4be.jpeg

NOTE:

This cocktail is also on the menu at Captain Jack's.

08GuavaRita.thumb.jpeg.90a6528713944f138cf0be5fb843f705.jpeg

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 8:25 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

250+ now! ha ha

I hope people are not getting tired of these recipes

You're kidding right?  😉

I really admire the effort you are putting into this and I'm sure, many of us realize how much work and perseverance you put into this great reference thread.  This thread is saved in my notes and I've been coming back regularly.  I've been picking and choosing some of the drinks to copy and paste into my prep notes for our next cruise(s).  It's funny how, when I'm on board, I can never seem to remember all the drinks I seen in the past that I wanted to try, so I have to take notes.

Thanks again for all this work, and someday I hope to be able to have one (or a few) of these drinks with you on board.

🍹

dp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dpostman said:

...and someday I hope to be able to have one (or a few) of these drinks with you on board.

I'll be easy to spot.  I'll be the guy hanging out at the bars, bugging bartenders, with a cocktail napkin on hand. lol

image.thumb.png.0f677de5dc971f6a715beff6dd61ddcf.png

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Haha 3

Discovered a new tip:

If you order a BBC (Banana Baileys Colada) in the MDR, the galley bar will make it with real banana! Yum!!

If you like it with the banana liqueur, you'll love it with actual banana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, RobInMN said:

Discovered a new tip:

If you order a BBC (Banana Baileys Colada) in the MDR, the galley bar will make it with real banana! Yum!!

Sounds good!

My wife has a hack for something similar... She grabs a banana from WJ or wherever and asks a bartender (usually at the Solarium Bar since that's where we lounge) if they would mind adding it to her strawberry daiquiri. No one has said no yet. It's a bit more like a smoothie but she's not really a drinker. And as an added bonus, the banana usually winds up producing more than one drink's worth so they usually give her the extra on the side.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LooneyCruzer said:

Any drinks u need us to try and get while on our cruise?

I have all the recipes from the list that came out in June 2023.  Right now, I need the new ones on Icon.  I heard there were 60 new cocktails made just for her, I have 13 of them... 47 to go.

21 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Discovered a new tip:

I didn't try it at the MDR but I did bring a banana to one of the bars on the pool deck on Grandeur in November last year.  The bartender said he had to use banana liqueur because there was some "compliance audit" going on at the time.  

WATERMELON 'RITA 
The 'Rita Collection  
Beach Bar Menu
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

08WatermelonRita.thumb.jpeg.27fa8c33e6aabe4095ca9cc716e02d15.jpeg

NOTE:
This cocktail is also on the menus at Coco Beach Club, Captain Jack's and Hideaway Beach.

07WatermelonRita.thumb.jpeg.c0adcfc820e8ea23fe76d671e79ab489.jpeg 07WatermelonRita.thumb.jpeg.d9c36d7a965314f75c498cdcaf2fdfe3.jpeg 08WatermelonRita.thumb.jpeg.677fa927a3066393109e30c83b6296c7.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 9:55 AM, RobInMN said:

Discovered a new tip:

I made a note on our upcoming September cruise to ask for that BBC in the MDR! Yum! Thanks!

On 4/18/2024 at 8:55 AM, RobInMN said:

Discovered a new tip:

9 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I made a note on our upcoming September cruise to ask for that BBC in the MDR! Yum! Thanks!

So..

After posting that, the BBC in the MDR changed. Tonight I asked the bar server if he would ask if the change was intentional or a different bartender or what, but the last 2 I had were definitely different than the many I had previously. Now they tasted just like what I get at Schooner or other bars.

He came back and said it was entirely due to a change in the banana liqueur. They ran out of the previous brand. He said they did not put real banana in it the previous nights.

I'm not sure I believe that. I don't think a change in liqueur brand alone would account for the change in texture. Not only was it a drastic change in the level of banana flavor, and I swear it tasted like real banana (not fake banana flavor), but it was more smoothly like, which also would have come from using a real banana, and not explained just by a change in liqueur brand.

Also, the MDR one tasted different than any other bar I've gotten a BBC at in many cruises. Why would the MDR galley bar have a differ liqueur than any other bar on the ship (and many other ships). I've heard that if you can find a banana and take it to a bar, they will use it in a BBC, but I've never done it.

I don't know what to believe. 😞 and don't want to steer anyone wrong. 

I don't know. 2 nights left. Not sure if I'll try again. 

• Thanks 1

COCO LOCO
Coco Cay's Signature Cocktail
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

09CocoLoco.thumb.jpeg.3c10d4d4f1b6f63406c703d783464fd4.jpeg

NOTE:

Although it's not on any menu, this signature cocktail is available at most, if not all, bars on Coco Cay.

This recipe is based on the guide for Royal bartenders that came out in June 2023. It is a much simpler recipe using the Sunsational brand "Tropical Mix."

image.thumb.png.de612dd33d1a4d4af4682dc8535ab425.png

Here is an (older) recipe for Coco Loco found online:

0.75 oz dark rum
0.75 oz coconut rum
0.5 oz cream of coconut
0.5 oz papaya juice
0.5 oz orange juice
0.5 oz pineapple juice
0.25 oz grenadine

On Labadee, this same cocktail is served as the "Labadoozie."

• Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 8:11 PM, doublej said:

I've snapped a pic of some of these that sound delicious!  Hopefully will find a bartender on Mariner in 2 week that can fill my request!

Except for the cocktails at 1400 Lobby Bar on Icon, you should be able to get these drinks.  You will actually have a "bonus" bar called the "Bamboo Room" which is found only Mariner and Navigator. This bar has very unique cocktails. I haven't been able to make them yet because they have hard-to-find (and expensive) ingredients.

• Like 1