Free at Sea and Platinum dinners

hrt4girls

I have seen lots of posts about Free at Sea Dinners and what they include or used to include.  I think I have that figured out.  What I am confused about is how  are the Free At Sea Dinner coupons different from the Platinum Latitudes dinners.  On our upcoming fall cruise we will have 2 Platinum dinners and 1 Free at Sea dinner.  We are sailing on Sky.  The specialty restaurants are limited to Cagney's, LeBistro and La Cucina.  Does it matter which coupon I use at which restaurant.  The other couple sailing with us does not have the Platinum dinners, but has purchased to extra specialty dining upgrades to be able to go to dinner with us.  I know this shouldn't be so confusing but it seems each time I try to figure it out different answers are posted.  Thanks

Home > Cruise Faq > What Do Specialty Dinner Benefits Cover

What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Sapphire, Diamond, and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• •  Dinner for Two with a Bottle of Wine
  • •  Dinner for Two

Service charges are included in this benefit. Guest to present voucher to their server before ordering. Benefit entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée, and a dessert of your choice. Upcharges apply on certain premium menu items. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Dinner coupons are non-transferable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons cannot be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

I have seen lots of posts about Free at Sea Dinners and what they include or used to include.  I think I have that figured out.  What I am confused about is how  are the Free At Sea Dinner coupons different from the Platinum Latitudes dinners.  On our upcoming fall cruise we will have 2 Platinum dinners and 1 Free at Sea dinner.  We are sailing on Sky.  The specialty restaurants are limited to Cagney's, LeBistro and La Cucina.  Does it matter which coupon I use at which restaurant.  The other couple sailing with us does not have the Platinum dinners, but has purchased to extra specialty dining upgrades to be able to go to dinner with us.  I know this shouldn't be so confusing but it seems each time I try to figure it out different answers are posted.  Thanks

I only know about Cagney's with the current rules. I would use the Free at Sea Dinners at Cagney's if you have somewhere else to use the Latitude coupons.  Although not every server on every ship does it, the Latitude's coupon gives you Pick 1 from appetizers, salads, and soups, and 1 side.  The Free at Sea gives you 1 appetizer, 1 Soup or salad, and 2 sides. We used our Latitude ones on the Dawn for Teppanyaki and the Brazillian place because they were fixed prices and no different, but you don't have either of those choices. I hope someone can help you with Le Bistro and La Cucina.

• Like 1

On my recent cruise on Star, I dined at Cagney’s twice - one time using FAS and another using Latitude voucher. On both meals, I got one appetizer, one salad, one main dish with two sides, and one dessert. There’s no difference on what I could order between using FAS or using Latitude voucher.

I also used Latitude voucher on Le Bistro and ordered one appetizer, one salad, one main dish (no up-charge for the trout), and one dessert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hrt4girls said:

Technically, the platinum coupon gives you a 3-course (app, entree, dessert) meal versus latitudes which is a 4-course meal (app, salad/soup, entree, dessert).

I can only relate our personal experience where they have given us 4-courses for our latitudes coupons on all of our recent cruises. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Technically, the platinum coupon gives you a 3-course (app, entree, dessert) meal versus latitudes which is a 4-course meal (app, salad/soup, entree, dessert).

I can only relate our personal experience where they have given us 4-courses for our latitudes coupons on all of our recent cruises. 

But aren't the Platinum Latitudes coupons different names for the same one?  How are they different from the Free at Sea coupons?  The Platinum Latitude ones include the 4 courses and the Free at Sea include 3?

13 hours ago, omahabob said:

We didn't have a coupon for the FAS meals on the Getaway. We just used our keycards.

Correct, for the FAS it's on your card.  Those with Platinum status get paper coupons in their 'welcome back' packet.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone. I just booked this cruise. The price is just too good to pass up. I am a solo traveler, and I am a Diamond member. I would like to join the Meet and Greet if possible.

Thank you.

Joseph

12 minutes ago, Cruiser_190 said:

Hello everyone. I just booked this cruise. The price is just too good to pass up. I am a solo traveler, and I am a Diamond member. I would like to join the Meet and Greet if possible.

Which cruise would that be? You might want to find the roll call for the cruise you are referencing.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:45 AM, hrt4girls said:

But aren't the Platinum Latitudes coupons different names for the same one?  How are they different from the Free at Sea coupons?  The Platinum Latitude ones include the 4 courses and the Free at Sea include 3?

We just used the Platinum coupons last week. Each coupon is good for 3 courses.The coupons must be used in 2 different restaurants. The FAS meal includes 4 courses and will automatically be on your key card. No coupon. When you arrive at a restaurant they will ask you if you are using fas or platinum.

When I cruised in October on the Dawn, i asked if I could have 2 desserts instead of the appetizer, which I have done many times in the past. They said this was no longer allowed. Does anyone else have experience with this? Or in other words, a sweet tooth. Lol