My Medallion now says deck & cabin pending

JerseyShore

5 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

Getting on ship today and all of a sudden my cabin and deck says “pending”. 

what happened?

Sometimes within 24 hours of sailing there are glitches.
Just go in the website and make sure your booking, cabin, etc all looks good.

That’s another reason to print out your travel summary, in case of a problem.

7 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

Getting on ship today and all of a sudden my cabin and deck says “pending”. 

what happened?

Of course, if the website says this, then you may have been upgraded or your cabin changed.  The baggage handler can pull it up for the cabin, or if you are carrying on your luggage, check with the PCL rep.

The message you got about your cabin is what we experienced on our June 10th cruise out of Seattle.  I began to panic because I knew we couldn't get an upgrade (our TA does not participate in us bidding and I had asked for NO upgrade).  When we got to the pier, I checked with the gentleman sitting under the Princess canopy and he said Princess has been having glitches from time to time, he check his list and we were all good and in the cabin we had reserved --- gave us a scare and not the way we wanted to start our cruise off. 

My QR code is missing for our July 14th cruise and has been for a while.  I took a picture of the code when I first got it so I have that as a back up.  Frankly, we were not even asked for our QR code in June by anyone.  The missing code is just a glitch and I am not worried about it.

17 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

The message you got about your cabin is what we experienced on our June 10th cruise out of Seattle.  I began to panic because I knew we couldn't get an upgrade (our TA does not participate in us bidding and I had asked for NO upgrade).  When we got to the pier, I checked with the gentleman sitting under the Princess canopy and he said Princess has been having glitches from time to time, he check his list and we were all good and in the cabin we had reserved --- gave us a scare and not the way we wanted to start our cruise off. 

My QR code is missing for our July 14th cruise and has been for a while.  I took a picture of the code when I first got it so I have that as a back up.  Frankly, we were not even asked for our QR code in June by anyone.  The missing code is just a glitch and I am not worried about it.

I think your QR code will reappear closer to your sailing date.  That was my experience anyway.  I had also taken a screen shot when I first got it.

Just now, Fortunate 2 travel said:

I think your QR code will reappear closer to your sailing date.  That was my experience anyway.  I had also taken a screen shot when I first got it.

Possible.  If it doesn't, I have a back up paper copy.

• Like 1

The same thing happened last month for our Alaska cruise - the day of embarkation all of a sudden the app showed our cabin as pending. It did bother me but I knew I had paper copies of my booking. A few hours later everything was back to normal - cabin/deck showing in the app - I just chalked it up to the change over process from one cruise to the next . However, on that cruise we were not able to choose Arrival Group/time or get QR code in the app - I think the issue was that it was a cruise departing from Whittier and most passengers were having to take some form of transfer and would be difficult to choose an Arrival Group but who knows.

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I have NEVER been asked to show a QR code over the past 7-8 cruises since restart.  I think that was just an idea that some programmer came up with "because we can do that" as opposed to it being an active process.  Maybe they will begin to implement its usage at some point in the future...but all you really need is your passport to get on the ship.  They know you're coming...they just have to look up your name.  I would still take along hardcopy printouts of EVERYTHING pertaining to your cruise, though.

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have NEVER been asked to show a QR code over the past 7-8 cruises since restart.  I think that was just an idea that some programmer came up with "because we can do that" as opposed to it being an active process.  Maybe they will begin to implement its usage at some point in the future...but all you really need is your passport to get on the ship.  They know you're coming...they just have to look up your name.  I would still take along hardcopy printouts of EVERYTHING pertaining to your cruise, though.

We have been asked twice for our QR code:  once last year on one of our Alaskan cruises and once for a cruise to Mexico.  Not worried as I always have a copy just in case some "newbie" agent needs to see something.

Just now, Italy52 said:

We have been asked twice for our QR code:  once last year on one of our Alaskan cruises and once for a cruise to Mexico.  Not worried as I always have a copy just in case some "newbie" agent needs to see something.

Interesting!  You're the very first person I've ever heard of who has been asked!

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting!  You're the very first person I've ever heard of who has been asked!

I guess I am just one of those people.  I am one of those people who will have a tech issue and the agent will say :  I have never seen this before or at the airport, the TSA agent will do a random search and I am the unlucky one to be pulled out of line.  What can I say, it happened and I dealt with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We were asked once in FLL if we had a QR code.  I said yes and showed him. 
Okay, he still checked passports and OM and away we went.  

They have asked to see the QR code in Barcelona too. 

Only 2 times out of about 14 cruises.

• Like 1

It's normal for the deck and cabin number to show as "pending" in the app on embarkation day.  Both populate with the correct information as soon as the first boarding group time passes.  Highly unlikely that you were upgraded, but it could happen.  This has been my experience on the app for all my cruises since the app has been launched.

Back in 2000, very new to cruising we had reserved a aft cabin balcony on RCCL. Showed up and were given a different cabin, our original one had a huge balcony. Made myself breath a moment, then realized we had been upgraded to a Owners Suite. Problem solved. They said we sent you an email but we had traveled out early and didn't check, last minute upgrades used to happen.