Happy Canada Day - 1st July, 2023

You’re a bit premature - it’s only the 28th of June here in Canada 🇨🇦 right now 

Looking forward to seeing how they celebrate it versus our Australia Day - we’ll be in Quebec City on a Viking cruise on Saturday - hopefully they do fireworks 

6 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Looking forward to seeing how they celebrate it versus our Australia Day - we’ll be in Quebec City on a Viking cruise on Saturday - hopefully they do fireworks 

I really don't know what they may do in Quebec, you see many in Quebec would like to be their own little country. Hopefully there will be many things on the go. If you were here in Victoria the provincial capital for BC there will be fireworks and I'm guessing Vancouver will have fireworks too. Of course there will be a big show in Ottawa.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Nice timing, Terry. I hope they put on a good show for you. 

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Canada Day Fireworks in Quebec City cancelled because of bushfires.

I imagine that there will be many fireworks displays cancelled.  The last thing we want is more smoke and more fires.  Yesterday here in Toronto, the air quality was the worst in the world and while I am looking at blue skies this morning, the smoke is expected to drift over the city again later today and the air quality will decrease.  It makes me sad to hear of how much forested areas we have lost this year due to wildfires.  Our smoke is even drifting over to Europe.  This should be a much needed wake up call but I wonder what, if any, changes will come about from this year's devastating fires.

Barb

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Canada Day Fireworks in Quebec City cancelled because of bushfires.

Lol - well I really should pay more attention to our itinerary - I just realised we’ll be in Montreal on Canada Day so hopefully they have fireworks and celebrations on the first 

Edited by Stickman1990

On 6/29/2023 at 11:29 PM, matamanoa said:

I imagine that there will be many fireworks displays cancelled.  The last thing we want is more smoke and more fires.  Yesterday here in Toronto, the air quality was the worst in the world and while I am looking at blue skies this morning, the smoke is expected to drift over the city again later today and the air quality will decrease.  It makes me sad to hear of how much forested areas we have lost this year due to wildfires.  Our smoke is even drifting over to Europe.  This should be a much needed wake up call but I wonder what, if any, changes will come about from this year's devastating fires.

Barb

If the Canadian governments are anything like the Australian governments after our devastating 2019 fires then there will be a lot of talk but very little real action. 

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If the Canadian governments are anything like the Australian governments after our devastating 2019 fires then there will be a lot of talk but very little real action. 

Unfortunately, you are correct.  There's always a lot of talk about time running out to make changes to save our planet but very little gets accomplished.  I worry for the generations to come 😞

• Like 1