How do I get my EZair cost refunded?

knbcruisers

Please help me go to the right place for a refund.   Booked return trip for LAX to MCO through ezair for 3/18.  Once I had paid and ticketed the seat, I purchased upgraded comfort seats on the Delta website.   That flight was cancelled the day of the flight, and the replacement flight was unacceptable due to the risk of being stranded in Raleigh due to only a 30 minute layover. I booked and paid for my return flight on another airline on my own.  All the additional costs due to the cancellation (food, hotel, flight etc) were refunded through my Princess insurance.   The problem is no one can tell me how to get back my $1200 for the cancelled Delta flight and upgraded seats.  Everybody tells me to call someone else….has anyone had this happen and have suggestions ???  I have called my TA, Delta, ezair, and emailed customer relations with no response.   

1 hour ago, knbcruisers said:

All the additional costs due to the cancellation (food, hotel, flight etc) were refunded through my Princess insurance.   The problem is no one can tell me how to get back my $1200 for the cancelled Delta flight and upgraded seats.

Are you saying your insurance covered all additional costs including flight back and you are trying to get $1,200 additional money back? 

Sorry if I’m not understanding correctly but curious what your trying to recover that insurance didn’t cover?

Similar issue here , Princess is refunding us for the flights we had to book to get to the cruise.Our flight was canceled that we had booked through EZ Air , 2 hours before take off.

TA filed for us in March , we were given a claim number that was processed May 30th . Still waiting on the money.

6 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Are you saying your insurance covered all additional costs including flight back and you are trying to get $1,200 additional money back? 

Sorry if I’m not understanding correctly but curious what your trying to recover that insurance didn’t cover?

Delta fully cancelled the flight, and so did not provide service I paid for.  The insurance for the additional charges is really separate issue in my mind. Delta claims to have given me refund with eticket #, but when I call I am told to contact Princess.

6 hours ago, knbcruisers said:

Delta fully cancelled the flight, and so did not provide service I paid for.  The insurance for the additional charges is really separate issue in my mind. Delta claims to have given me refund with eticket #, but when I call I am told to contact Princess.

OK, so I did understand correctly.

You are going to try and pocket $1,200 for the flight's the insurance paid for.

If trip went as planned, it would have cost you $1,200. Trip didn't and insurance paid for new flights but now you want to profit $1,200.

Guess you can justify it anyway you want. I guarantee your insurance company would like to know if you get $1,200 back from airlines.

Cheers,

John

10 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

OK, so I did understand correctly.

You are going to try and pocket $1,200 for the flight's the insurance paid for.

If trip went as planned, it would have cost you $1,200. Trip didn't and insurance paid for new flights but now you want to profit $1,200.

Guess you can justify it anyway you want. I guarantee your insurance company would like to know if you get $1,200 back from airlines.

Cheers,

John

So I guess this is new business model for Delta? Cancel flights and tell the passenger they are SOL—-should have bought insurance?

Even if you are correct somebody should be able to provide the policy on this …not tell me to call somebody else so I go in circles or ignore email requests for nformation?

7 hours ago, knbcruisers said:

It sounds like Delta has refunded your fare as a future flight credit. If you have a Delta logon, check if the credit is available in your Delta Account.

• Like 1