QM2 change of course .

Millieloulou

30 minutes ago, NE John said:

And…all decks have no water! 

Hi John,

Welshred on with you reported on our thread for tomorrow. So sorry to hear of this. Hope you are not too late tomorrow. But priorities come first. Passenger #1 comes first.

Pls keep us informed of your progress. You will be the #2 On Board Reporter to us....

QM2 has pulled into Pier 21 in Halifax to offload the passenger.  My mother is on the ship and and been in contact with me this morning, mostly about possibly rearranging flights for her.  She was saying that it was the fastest entry she's ever had to Halifax Harbour, same with docking!  Hopefully the passenger gets the treatment they need, good on Cunard for doing the right thing.

Andrew

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Awful for the person involved, and worrying for everyone whose plans may be ruined. But doesn’t she looked gorgeous in the fog?

Yes she does!  I've only sailed once on her, can't wait to return.

Andrew

• Like 1

Just now, andrewp said:

QM2 has left Pier 21 and is on the way to NY.  I know there are a few people onboard who can post, but if I hear anything about an ETA, I'll post it.

Andrew

Capture.JPG

Still waiting on the Captain's noon announcement,  ship's time now 1219.

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I think that is UTC. Not sure how many hours behind you are.

That's correct. The reported ETA is 12:30pm local time in New York. That may be the time to pick up the pilot which would make the arrival time at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal about an hour after that. But that's just going by what the ship is reporting via AIS. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon from the ship to confirm the expected arrival time at Brooklyn.

• Like 2

Just now, exlondoner said:

Perhaps he is a bit busy. And perhaps it counts as being in port, so no noon announcement.

Oh, we fully understand he is busy! We figure that he wants to have all the relevant timings in hand before the announcement.  Just antsy as I  have to get a new time to my car service. 

Well, I just got through finding a new flight for my mother, anyone who is Canada bound and isn't looking now will have issues finding flights at a reasonable cost.  It's a long weekend for us and then into July 4th.  

Safe travels to all onboard!

Andrew

Email on shore side is that all embarkation for the next cruise will be original time plus six hours. Quick turnaround! Curious how they’ll handle dining, but passenger health is definitely the most important thing.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how travel insurance will work for this? We are booked on Amtrak at 215pm and will be missing the train and Saturdays is sold out so it looks like Sunday will be my first opportunity to get the train and we will have to stay in new York two night then. 

35 minutes ago, stiej said:

Does anyone know how travel insurance will work for this? We are booked on Amtrak at 215pm and will be missing the train and Saturdays is sold out so it looks like Sunday will be my first opportunity to get the train and we will have to stay in new York two night then. 

Every insurance policy is different, so I suggest you contact your insurer to determine best details. Acquiring a written statement of delay and cause from the liner will help your claim, to the extent that is possible; for example, I have such an email regarding the boarding delay tomorrow, and have confirmed that this is covered as ‘trip delay’ for my insurer and my

costs (such as they are) will be reimbursed from a claim.