Alaska - Denali upgrade to Tundra Wilderness Tour

I just did it last week with the assistance of my Princess CVP.  It took about 3 minutes on a phone call and the difference in price was $35 per person.  There have been many reports over the years of people upgrading this tour.  I'd suggest you call back and hope you get a more knowledgeable rep or ask for a CVP to be assigned to you.  

Good luck!

8 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I just did it last week with the assistance of my Princess CVP.  It took about 3 minutes on a phone call and the difference in price was $35 per person.  There have been many reports over the years of people upgrading this tour.  I'd suggest you call back and hope you get a more knowledgeable rep or ask for a CVP to be assigned to you.  

Good luck!

What is a CVP? Do you just call the normal customer service line?

I am curious how you guys are doing the Tundra tour when the Denali park is closed at mile 43 see screen shot from their website.  We were scheduled to do this and princess changed us to a slightly longer Natural History tour since they cant go as far as the Tundra tour normally did...

Some park operations are currently altered due to the Pretty Rocks Landslide. The closure of the Denali Park Road at Mile 43 is expected to remain in place until partway through summer 2026, while the Polychrome Area Plan is implemented.

https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/conditions.htm#:~:text=Some park operations are currently,Polychrome Area Plan is implemented.

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

8 hours ago, firsttimecruiser88 said:

What is a CVP? Do you just call the normal customer service line?

CVP = Cruise Vacation Planner

I would be happy to share my CVP contact info with you but you have your message function disabled.  We aren't allowed to share that info on the forum due to the rules.  My CVP has asked me to share his info with anyone who is interested in using his services so I know it's ok on the Princess side.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Another option is to privately book the Tundra Wilderness Tour via the park vendor then call Princess and have them refund your tour with them. We did this last September as was told we could not switch to the longer tour with Princess because it was full. The bus stopped to pick us up at the Princess lodge and we were on the same bus as the Princess tour just for a lower cost. 

1 hour ago, peachykiehn said:

Another option is to privately book the Tundra Wilderness Tour via the park vendor then call Princess and have them refund your tour with them. We did this last September as was told we could not switch to the longer tour with Princess because it was full. The bus stopped to pick us up at the Princess lodge and we were on the same bus as the Princess tour just for a lower cost. 

I tried to cancel but they said that the Natural History Tour is part of my package so I can’t get any refund or credit. :(((!!

You could also try the chat feature to handle the upgraded Tundra tour. I can't remember if I did via phone or chat, but either way, it was easy. There are a lot of new, inexperienced reps so that could be a factor.