Best time to do laundry?

CookieShip

We're flying into the Seattle (port city) about a week before the actual cruise. Should we try to get our laundry done while in Seattle before boarding or should we have relative ease doing it the first day on board the ship (Spirit going to Alaska if it matters)? I've never used their self service laundry before, anything I should know?

I don't think you will have a hard time doing it boarding day or the first sea day.

I have done a lot of laundry aboard Carnival ships. Only time I had a problem was on recent Europe cruise when the ship was newly out of dry dock and laundry facilities weren't working the first 2-3 days (and lots of people with lost luggage as well) resulted in lots of people trying to do laundry. 

9 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

I've never used their self service laundry before, anything I should know?

Hi @CookieShip🙂

Below are the locations of self service laundry rooms on Spirit.

20230701-130844.jpg

Above info located (Click On Link)

Carnival Spirit Ship Features/Public Areas

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1542

🍹

• Thanks 1

This past March we used the wash and fold laundry bag for just whites (undies and socks) and we had 1 day turnaround.  I read elsewhere not to send delicate clothes to be laundered.  They wash everything in hot water and hot fully dried.

7 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

This past March we used the wash and fold laundry bag for just whites (undies and socks) and we had 1 day turnaround.  I read elsewhere not to send delicate clothes to be laundered.  They wash everything in hot water and hot fully dried.

Haven't used laundry service on Carnival, but planned on it during an upcoming B2B so this is good to know.

Personally, I would try to get it done before the cruise but doing it on the ship would be easy on the first or two of the cruise. (Seattle may have a rule to forbids the use of the washers while in port so I would try to check for that.) Enjoy, we are sailing the Spirit out of Mobile for Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

So you know where I'm coming from, I always do laundry at a laundromat at home, and if we're out for more than about 5 days I always do laundry on vacation. (And I'm used to doing laundry for three: me, hubby, and the teen boy.)

If I were in your shoes, and I had laundry at the hotel I was in before the cruise, I'd consider doing it there.  It would depend on what was going on the evening before departure and what the first day or two of the cruise is like.  Most people don't come on the ship needing laundry, so it should be pretty empty then. I just don't like the idea of repacking dirty clothes, that would be the tie breaker.  But activities for me would be the most important. So, really, for me, it would depend on what my biggest block of downtime looked like.

No hotel laundry?  I'd much rather do it on the ship, where I could go back and forth to my room instead of hang out at a laundromat. That beats the minor inconvenience of repacking dirty clothes.

Have fun 😁 and enjoy your nice long vacation!  Laundry on vacation isn't my absolute favorite, but I love taking a vacation long enough that it's necessary! 😉

Edited by deelightfull
Spelling edit