Halloween cruise

snowy owl

Talk to me about cruising over Halloween. We are cruising on a 4 day out of LA and I want to know what is it like? Are people dressed in costumes the whole time or just the day of the 31st? Tell me your stories. 💀

1 hour ago, snowy owl said:

Talk to me about cruising over Halloween. We are cruising on a 4 day out of LA and I want to know what is it like? Are people dressed in costumes the whole time or just the day of the 31st? Tell me your stories. 💀

In my experience, just on the 31st.  But I don't think anyone would stop you if you chose to wear costumes on other days. 😉

And FTR, not everyone is in costume even on Halloween.  On the Halloween cruise I was on, my guess is that participation was about 20%.

Every cruise during October will have a Halloween deck party and costume contest. There also special drinks as well. It's a fun time and you will see a wide range of costumes.  I wish I was able do do a cruise in October this year.

Edited by starstruck05

1 hour ago, snowy owl said:

@snowy owl🙂

Click on the links below. 

Additional information (Click On Link)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?&q=Halloween &type=forums_topic&page=1&quick=1&nodes=133&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

🍹

• Like 3

We have sailed twice over Halloween.  We took our costumes both times (Count and Mrs Dracula) We had a blast.  The costume contest was awesome! We were amazed at the work some put in to their costumes and the various categories and winners wore some of the best costumes we have ever seen.  One of the winners were the trio who showed up as the Blue Man Group and they totally deserved it.  Big deck party before the contest and afterwards as well.  Can’t say that we noticed people wearing costumes after Halloween was over, but for sure done up well the day off.  Kids also had a blast!  Top deck was full, couldn’t say how many people dressed up but enough that the deck party was full blast.

• Like 2

I think we were on ncl the one time we sailed over halloween, so doesnt necessarily apply.  

i agree with the 20-30% estimate of costumed folk, some much more decorative than others.  but the folks who dressed up were pretty fun to drink with on lido and in interior bars.  

Slainte! 

Our last cruise was over Halloween.  It was so much fun.  Some people did dress up the whole cruise.There is a custume paraded and prizes.The vibe for the whole cruise was more of a party atmosphere.  We would do another in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my friend and i went as a magician & rabbit- made a big hat out of poster  board (provided by the ship) used a black skirt as a cape ( or a round plastic tablebloth) - we've also gone as cheerleaders- hey what can i say- I was born on Halloween so I totaly love it!!!!

We sailed on the Sunshine last Halloween - it was a blast!  I bet over half of the folks on the cruise were in costume and the Halloween deck party was the best deck party I've been to on 10 cruises - New Year's Eve on the Sunshine a couple of years ago is number 2 hands-down.  My wife and I didn't pack costumes (I'm determined to keep it to one suitcase per person) but I had a couple of Halloween Hawaiian shirts and the wife had Halloween scrubs.  Kids trick or treated, everyone was having a ball getting scary pictures made, and the costume contest was super fun.  Going again this year and can't wait!  

Edited by Rubberband1293
Added more info

Glad to see this info...I just saw a cruise today that departs on halloween. We don't want to participate so I'll pass. It's good to know that once the day is over though so are the costumes/festivities so I guess it would just be during sail away.