Koningsdam Inside Passage review: June 24-July 1, 2023

QuattroRomeo

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

QuattroRomeo was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

We are just off our 7-day Inside Passage cruise on the Koningsdam, June 24- July 1. Thought I would share some photos (mostly food!!) and thoughts, as I always enjoy reading others' reviews and there is always some little nugget of info that proves useful to somebody else.

We booked quite last minute (May 27) as there was a good Canadian funds deal on inside cabins. Now, I do know that many have shared how small these rooms are on Pinnacle class, so we thought that for 7 days, we will find out if we can stand it. You know, for the future!! More cruises = a good thing.. Anyway, being last minute, we couldn't book Club Orange. I called 4 times after booking, and 10 days before departure, managed to get CO!! Couldn't believe it. The upgrade option was of no use, they only had one other inside to offer and we liked the one we had better. But I was happy. Then the Tuesday before sailing on Saturday, I got an upgrade offer too good to refuse. So, we ended up with a Family OV. So much for the " inside experiment"...

When we got on board there were signs at the Guest Relations desk reading "We are sailing at full capacity, No upgrades available".. So I guess we did okay!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We did the same cruise on the same ship last year, about 3 weeks earlier than this one. It was far from full capacity then. Although early in the season, the weather was fantastic then, sunny, clear, and even hot at times. Interesting to compare this year at full ship status. It didn't seem overly crowded, though. A few lineups of course but not terrible. Weather was definitely cooler, foggy, raining etc. 

Some paperwork to get started:Scan_20230703(2).thumb.png.d54a75f1e081d5b6ac1ded6edcaa5f19.pngScan_20230703(3).thumb.png.497233d6bf27c411eb0720774d8986fe.png
  • Like 2

Pre-cruise I ordered some flowers in the narrow rectangular vase, as I had already bought one of the bow vases on the Rotterdam and wanted a different shape to complement it. What we got was 2 bouquets, both in bow vases! At least they all have a different motif on them. They were quite nice and fragrant. But the eucalyptus and roses really only lasted 6 days, so wouldn't be ideal for a longer cruise.

• Like 2

I pre-ordered the Panna Acqua water pkg. and it was waiting in the room, no problem. I wish they had Pellegrino available that way, but no dice. There were 2 Mariner Cocktail vouchers on the desk that I didn't get to try last year on the KDam, as they told me back then that it was a specific drink only at certain bars. Apparently I was at one of the wrong bars.. this time I found it at the Ocean Bar, just behind the restaurant reservations podium. I watched him put in some elderflower liquid, a bit of sparkling wine and 4 ice cubes, all in a martini glass!!...certainly nothing to write home about..

Earlier this year on RDam, it was good for ANY cocktail. 

What was disappointing to us was the lack of deep cleaning and disrepair of some things. The handles on the drawers, for example, were obviously not wiped down, and the drawers and closets not emptied properly. I found paperwork and an empty bag from previous occupants. The cloth couch and chair were not really clean and the couch cushion was completely sunk in on one side! The shower room had the lotion dispenser missing with just a lid stuck there, so I removed the lid. The tub had some wear and tear, too. 

20230629_195800.thumb.jpg.eef11f19e6d0aa07b7ba8181d0bd8d4e.jpg

20230629_195745.jpg

20230629_195839.jpg

20230629_195843.jpg

• Thanks 1

In some other threads, posters ask about the night lighting in the rooms. It is pretty good, actually. There is a nightlight on just outside the bathroom. And floor lighting under the drawers that comes on when you walk by: 

20230629_220830.jpg

20230629_220756.jpg

• Like 2