Platinum wifi question

kayakbob

I've read several postings about wifi and the Platinum credit.  From this I infer that I can use my credit to purchase 3 non-consecutive days of service and that I can use my wife's credit to purchase another 3 days.  Do I have this correct?  Thanks, Bob

42 minutes ago, kayakbob said:

I've read several postings about wifi and the Platinum credit.  From this I infer that I can use my credit to purchase 3 non-consecutive days of service and that I can use my wife's credit to purchase another 3 days.  Do I have this correct?  Thanks, Bob

That's correct. Assuming you and your wife are both Platinum, you will each have $80 internet credits. That works out to three separate 24-hour segments each (at $24 per segment for the Essential plan).

Depending on the length of your cruise and your specific connectivity requirements, you might also consider one of you purchasing three individual 24-hour segments during the beginning of the cruise. Then the other could purchase the last four days (at $18 per day for the Essential plan for the remainder of the cruise) when there are four days left in the cruise. That strategy works well to provide full connectivity for a cruise of seven nights.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

So to start your 24 hours day, how does it start?  You login at a time and it start at that moment and lasts for 24 hours?  Or do you have to select which days ahead of time?

It starts that way.... 

• Like 1

I was a bit dissapointed that the 240 minutes are exchanged for 80,- Internet credit, for my two weeks voyage I bought the whole package - a bit pricy- yes- but on the other hand it was no longer required to log off- so I was quite satisfied. Also the wifi worked like charm- and was pretty quick.

• Like 1