Greece 2025?

let's go cruising

Hello! We have cruised several times in the Caribbean; once in the Mediterranean and most recently to Norway. I am looking at booking a cruise to Greece in 2025. We would like to cruise in June and would also like to visit Italy a little bit.

We have cruised on Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I am attracted to Azamara because of the size of the ship. Our most recent cruise was Norway on Carnival Pride. 

What advice does anyone have on booking on Azamara? It does not look like the June 2025 cruises have been announced yet, so I have time to get prepared. 

Thank you so much!

We're booked on the Azamara Onward for May 8, 2025 from Athens to Rome.  You might like that one.

Port Location Arrive Depart
08 May 2025 ATHENS (PIRAEUS), GREECE 09:30 PM
09 May 2025 SYROS, GREECE 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
10 May 2025 SANTORINI, GREECE, GREECE 08:00 AM 10:00 PM
11 May 2025 MONEMVASIA, GREECE 08:00 AM 05:00 PM
12 May 2025 ARGOSTOLI, GREECE 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
14 May 2025 VENICE, ITALY 08:00 AM
15 May 2025 VENICE, ITALY 10:00 PM
16 May 2025 KOPER, SLOVENIA 07:00 AM 05:00 PM
17 May 2025 SPLIT, CROATIA 08:00 AM 09:00 PM
18 May 2025 DUBROVNIK, CROATIA 08:00 AM 10:00 PM
19 May 2025 KOTOR, MONTENEGRO, MONTENEGRO 09:30 AM 06:00 PM
21 May 2025 SORRENTO, ITALY 07:30 AM 06:00 PM
22 May 2025 ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY, ITALY 06:00 AM

The earlier you book, the lower the price you'll pay for the same cruise.  I usually book when itineraries are first released.  I have never been able to grab a lower price during any subsequent sales promotions.

I would suggest finding a good travel agent who will also tack on additional OBC or cash rebate.  Make the TA's compete for perks.  Then make sure they don't charge a change or cancel charge.  If they do, I wouldn't use them.  I got burned before on that once!

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We're booked on the Azamara Onward for May 8, 2025 from Athens to Rome.  You might like that one.

Port Location Arrive Depart
08 May 2025 ATHENS (PIRAEUS), GREECE 09:30 PM
09 May 2025 SYROS, GREECE 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
10 May 2025 SANTORINI, GREECE, GREECE 08:00 AM 10:00 PM
11 May 2025 MONEMVASIA, GREECE 08:00 AM 05:00 PM
12 May 2025 ARGOSTOLI, GREECE 08:00 AM 06:00 PM
14 May 2025 VENICE, ITALY 08:00 AM
15 May 2025 VENICE, ITALY 10:00 PM
16 May 2025 KOPER, SLOVENIA 07:00 AM 05:00 PM
17 May 2025 SPLIT, CROATIA 08:00 AM 09:00 PM
18 May 2025 DUBROVNIK, CROATIA 08:00 AM 10:00 PM
19 May 2025 KOTOR, MONTENEGRO, MONTENEGRO 09:30 AM 06:00 PM
21 May 2025 SORRENTO, ITALY 07:30 AM 06:00 PM
22 May 2025 ROME (CIVITAVECCHIA), ITALY, ITALY 06:00 AM

The earlier you book, the lower the price you'll pay for the same cruise.  I usually book when itineraries are first released.  I have never been able to grab a lower price during any subsequent sales promotions.

I would suggest finding a good travel agent who will also tack on additional OBC or cash rebate.  Make the TA's compete for perks.  Then make sure they don't charge a change or cancel charge.  If they do, I wouldn't use them.  I got burned before on that once!

That is a very good itinerary. I teach elementary school, so I'm looking for just after school finishes, however.

11 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

I don't have a "good" travel agent. I have also never asked TA's to compete. I don't even know how to start. 

Contact at least two or three TA's.  Then when they give you the info including OBC, go back to the two best quotes and ask, Can you do any better on the OBC or added perks please?  That's a start to learning how. 😁

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Contact at least two or three TA's.  Then when they give you the info including OBC, go back to the two best quotes and ask, Can you do any better on the OBC or added perks please?  That's a start to learning how. 😁

Thank you for your kind reply. I will follow your advice.

PS I fixed my signature.

If you don't want to do a lot of ship excursions, ask the TAs if they will give you a rebate rather than OBC.  Azamara is so much more inclusive than the cruise lines you are used to that you may have trouble using a lot of OBC unless you go on ship excursions.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you don't want to do a lot of ship excursions, ask the TAs if they will give you a rebate rather than OBC.  Azamara is so much more inclusive than the cruise lines you are used to that you may have trouble using a lot of OBC unless you go on ship excursions.

...Or my favorite, the spa...

21 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Good suggestion. I go for the rebate whenever I can. After all how many Mary Francis purses can I buy my wife with the cruise line OBC?  Good thing she uses them.  On our last cruise she got five or six.  I lose count.😁

PS I call that making a deposit in her emotional bank account so I can take the debits which I know will be coming up.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

At least in the US, all Europe itineraries for 2025 are available on the Azamara website as of this morning 11 July.

And in the UK 😀

• Thanks 1