Adding HIA after booking?

eurodolphin

Hi everyone, did a search but could not find a clear answer.

We will be boarding the Nieuw Statendam on July 12th, very excited! At time of booking (only 2 months ago) we picked the cruise only fare.

We are now thinking of adding the Have it all package but when I go the the website or the Navigator app and I check the different packages that can be booked, the HIA package is there but I'm not able to click on it, put it in my cart or actually book and pay for it.

It does work when I want to add a beverage package or an internet package... Can anyone tell me if they had a similar experience or someone who knaws what could be the reason this isn't working? Thx

I talked to my TA, he said HIA is not an add on but a promo code you reserve at the time of booking.

So the only way I could possibly get is by canceling and rebooking, which of course I am not going to do 1 week before the cruise! Me on the other hand, I'm sure I've read some posts here that talk about adding it after booking. Very confused right now 🙃

10 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

I talked to my TA, he said HIA is not an add on but a promo code you reserve at the time of booking.

So the only way I could possibly get is by canceling and rebooking, which of course I am not going to do 1 week before the cruise! Me on the other hand, I'm sure I've read some posts here that talk about adding it after booking. Very confused right now 🙃

I feel your pain @eurodolphin as I currently have a booking that I cannot add it to.

I strongly encourage you to call HAL beverage department (it will be an option after you've selected "1 for current booking") as the app and website are very glitchy and frequently do not display accurate results.

Give them your booking number and tell them you want to add the HIA package. You will need to pay at that time, so just be ready for that.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

I feel your pain @eurodolphin as I currently have a booking that I cannot add it to.

I strongly encourage you to call HAL beverage department (it will be an option after you've selected "1 for current booking") as the app and website are very glitch and frequently not accurate.

Give them your booking number and tell them you want to add the HIA package. You will need to pay at that time, so just be ready for that.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info Haljo, I live in Belgium, can I call them from here? And also, will they be willing to help me since I booked through a TA and not directly with them? 

Wishing you safe and enjoyable cruising as well!

Hi Eurodolphin, I booked from Ireland using a US travel agent. Didn't add HIA at booking as it's a long way out but did so last week. I emailed the US TA and it appeared on the HAL website after 2 days. So, it can be added via the TA. Ken 

1 minute ago, CruiseIreland said:

Hi Eurodolphin, I booked from Ireland using a US travel agent. Didn't add HIA at booking as it's a long way out but did so last week. I emailed the US TA and it appeared on the HAL website after 2 days. So, it can be added via the TA. Ken 

Hi Ken, yes my TA is US based as well so I don't understand why he tells me this cannot be done 🥺

5 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Maybe he doesn't understand or can't be bothered! 🤷‍♂️

I see why you would think that but I've been with him for several years and know him as very knowledgeable and helpful.... so not sure what's going on here.

• Like 1

You might also try logging in with a different browser. I often have trouble adding things, changing things, paying for things, etc. when I’m using Safari, but it works in Chrome. If this wasn’t a freebie promotional booking, you should be able to add the HIA package to the booking, I would think.

3 minutes ago, erdufylla said:

You might also try logging in with a different browser. I often have trouble adding things, changing things, paying for things, etc. when I’m using Safari, but it works in Chrome. If this wasn’t a freebie promotional booking, you should be able to add the HIA package to the booking, I would think.

Thx for the tip, I will try it!

12 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Thx for the tip, I will try it!

And if that doesn't work, then call in. I understand you have a great relationship w/your TA, but HIA is one of those strange inconsistent things for HAL, so calling is best if you run into issues on the app or website. 

10 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Tried it myself, logging into my account using a different browser and it worked !! thx again erduffyla for this useful tip! And thx to everyone else for your suggestions. I love these boards!

Glad it worked for you.  I sometimes you can’t add on the Navigator app but you can on HAL’s website.

I tend to wait until I am on board to book anything with the Navigator app and use the website pre-cruise.  And yes, I added HIA to a cruise only fare doing that.

• Like 2