Celebrity Reflection Review

Saukkey1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:39 PM, Jubileelady said:

Yes we found the vibrations really bad on our recent cruise(19-29 June) we had to move rooms because of it. We were told it is because they are changing to eco fuel? Not sure this is the reason, however it is definitely a known issue on Reflection 

There were already bad vibrations in certain rooms in 2014 (like 9th floor port, before last banks of elevators).  As my daughter was in early pregnancy, it made her even more nauseous.  But since ship was full, no change possible.  They just brought some  choc strawberries, wine and flowers, which did not really help my daughter.

There were no “white” or any other themed nights on our January 2023 Reflection cruise. 

On 7/9/2023 at 7:50 AM, Esprit said:

Would you remember please if there was a “white night” and did most people attempt to wear mostly white things?

Thanks

On 7/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Jubileelady said:

Yes we found the vibrations really bad on our recent cruise(19-29 June) we had to move rooms because of it. We were told it is because they are changing to eco fuel? Not sure this is the reason, however it is definitely a known issue on Reflection 

We were onboard May 2022. We also had to move rooms due to very heavy vibrations keeping us awake. The Retreat management team handled this very well to their credit. 

We were not the only passengers that had to be moved. In fact when I called to report the issue I was immediately asked if we wanted to move rooms and staff were dispatched straight away. It all seemed a very polished and well rehearsed operation.

But back then we were told it was due to mechanical issues that could only be fixed when she went in for her next dry dock which I believe she has since had? 

On 7/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Jubileelady said:

We felt no vibrations whatsoever during our entire Reflection cruise (17 July to 27 July 2023). We were in cabin 8187.

Edited by Esprit

On 7/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, Esprit said:

Would you remember please if there was a “white night” and did most people attempt to wear mostly white things?

Thanks

I have seen “ white nights “ corresponding with “ full moon “ …so sometimes it’s a simple as that.

No full moon…..no white night !

cheers

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Azamara's White Night  has been done on all their sailings for years!  I can't believe Celebrity is now mimicking something from the cruise line they dumped.

Celeb has  had white nights for many years.

Best ever was yrs ago on our Greek Island  Medit cruise.. Pax , staff, officers all in white out on the pool deck..very memorable!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hcat said:

Celeb has  had white nights for many years.

Best ever was yrs ago on our Greek Island  Medit cruise.. Pax , staff, officers all in white out on the pool deck..very memorable!

I can understand a white night in the Greek Isles.  However I began sailing XX in 2014, reached E+ but have never seen a white night on any of my sailings.

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Azamara's White Night  has been done on all their sailings for years!  I can't believe Celebrity is now mimicking something from the cruise line they dumped.

I'm not sure they'll be able to emulate it very well. The Azamara ships have a lot more space up top per passenger and their white nights don't feel overcrowded. 

Celebrity ships wouldn't have the space to pull it off in the same way. They wouldn't have space for tables so that everyone can dine with all of the officers cooking for starters. 

Edited by Moby Jones

57 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I can understand a white night in the Greek Isles.  However I began sailing XX in 2014, reached E+ but have never seen a white night on any of my sailings.

oh gosh..X had them as far back as Century!  Once in bad weather they had it indoors..family time with face painting (white)  and full choc fountain buffet....then after 10 the adult only party started..went way into the night.  DJ and  Live music.

We have not been on Azamara but have had many White Nights  on X.

.Last one On EDGE was over the top. great .DJ..all the lights....all crew  officers, and pax..Not crowded.  And the "after party was even better!"

Sadly..those great times on X may be gone as they become Royal C!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed your great review!  Captain Matt and Giuseppe are a great team and very entertaining together. As far as TV screens in Michael's Club, there are several but they are mirrors when turned off. 

Google: 'tv that is a mirror when off'. Often used in living rooms above a fireplace and bathrooms for their dual purpose.

Thank you so much for the great review. I was on the Transatlantic last year with Capt. Matt and Guiseppe and booked it again for this year, because we enjoyed them so much.

There is no cruise director like Guiseppe. He's so full of life and energy.

Capt. Matt was definitely everywhere. On some cruises you don't even see the Capt. but he was fabulous and so friendly.

Can't wait until my cruise in 6 weeks.

On 8/30/2023 at 11:26 AM, billc23 said:

Tiggypooo, did you stay on the reflection for the cruise following the TA???  We were on the TA also and had many nice, enlightening  conversations with the gentlemen who run the Bliss cruise. 

Hahaha........no we did not. We got off the Reflection and boarded the Beyond last November.

I'm chuckling because I understand that that post-TA sailing was a clothing optional charter.

Not my style for sure. In speaking to the crew before leaving, they were all dreading it.