Two similar itineraries: one on Carnival, one on Royal

craig01020

I'm looking at a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise in Dec. 2024 from Tampa. My two choices are Dec. 7 on Radiance of the Seas or Dec. 8 on Carnival Legend. Both have the same ports. I've never sailed on either ship before. How similar or different are these ships?

Thanks.

On this one, I would simply chose by price.  The ships are similar enough.  The Legend has more "free" lunch options than the Radiance OTS, but the Radiance is likely a little more elegant than the Legend.  Carnival has more comedy than RC.  Both will have production shows, trivia, music, etc.  Either way, we love cruising out of Tampa and sailing under the Sunshine Skyway.  It occurs about two hours after you leave the port.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Normally I would probably book with Royal because I like the better suite perks but in this case it would be hard for me to not book the Legend. Reason is at Roatan you won't have to go anywhere other than Mahogany Bay, a chair lift away from the pier.  Roatan is now so crowded it not as much fun to go to West Bay as it used to be.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lazydayz said:

On this one, I would simply chose by price.  The ships are similar enough.  The Legend has more "free" lunch options than the Radiance OTS, but the Radiance is likely a little more elegant than the Legend.  Carnival has more comedy than RC.  Both will have production shows, trivia, music, etc.  Either way, we love cruising out of Tampa and sailing under the Sunshine Skyway.  It occurs about two hours after you leave the port.  

He posted this on rcl boards and that's what I said what are the prices. I'd pick by price.

I did radiance OTS end of march to Panama. It is a beautiful class of ships with glass elevators and 3 or 4 decks of glass above the main area. Best food in a long time and best ever service. Maybe our Mdr table was close to the kitchen. Food was piping hot and fish and chips the fish was crisp. Steak cooked perfect. Cheers with a officer, the fillet was so good. The man next to me said best he ever had on rcl. I think best I ever had. A pinch undercooked but the taste and herbs perfect. Dining room supervisor came out 3 or 4 times with cooks introducing them and saying what they had cooked of our dinner, never saw that before. Why I thought maybe we sat near kitchen. Loved my steward. It is a beautiful graceful ship. Radiance class is a favorite because of all the glass.

I'd gotten off oasis a week or two before I boarded radiance and was continually surprised how close elevators were. It's a smaller shop for sure. I would still want to know the price to pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, craig01020 said:

Radiance oceanview = $2,200 with tips and insurance. Legend extended balcony = $2,350 with tips.

I would take the Legend with that comparison. OV vs Balcony, no question.

• Like 3