Leaving a cruise MSC one port early in USA

dandanthecruisinman

42 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

After a little research, he may be on the Seashore TA repo from Europe, in which case it would be legal, if MSC gives the OK.  EM

You also need to arrange customs clearance in Miami, yes I'm sure there is some ship that day ending their voyage so CBP is there but how does this party remain sterile between ship and custom clearance?  That's a burden on MSC, will they do it?

Okay, that would be the rule, and yes ships make calls at US ports on their journey before their foreign port and people can just not come back to the ship carrying their bags off. 

13 hours ago, dandanthecruisinman said:

Our MSC cruise ends in Port Canaveral Florida. The 2nd last stop is in Miami Fla. It would be advantageous for us to disembark in Miami. Would MSC allow such a request ?

Is this on the Seashore in October? I am on the same sailing and plan on disembarking in Miami, since they added that port after I booked originally to Port Canaveral.  I spoke with the MSC Future Cruise consultant on the Divina T/A in May about this and he said there was no issue. He said to inform Guest Services after you board, sign a form and you will be set for a normal departure in Miami. 

9 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I spoke with the MSC Future Cruise consultant on the Divina T/A in May about this and he said there was no issue. He said to inform Guest Services after you board, sign a form and you will be set for a normal departure in Miami. 

Unfortunately, that info is not exactly correct. It is problem as the cruise line can get fined as mentioned in another post. However, if you go to Guest Services and claim an emergency at home, then they can try to get approval from CBP so they do not get fined. I definitely would not proceed there immediately as if it was pre-planned as it could be denied. The form you have to sign says you have to pay the fine if CBP decides to issue one. At least it used to.

By the way, this info is from upper management in Port Operations with MSC Cruises USA, not a random employee trying to get you to book a cruise to get their bonus.

Bret

7 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Unfortunately, that info is not exactly correct. It is problem as the cruise line can get fined as mentioned in another post. However, if you go to Guest Services and claim an emergency at home, then they can try to get approval from CBP so they do not get fined. I definitely would not proceed there immediately as if it was pre-planned as it could be denied. The form you have to sign says you have to pay the fine if CBP decides to issue one. At least it used to.

By the way, this info is from upper management in Port Operations with MSC Cruises USA, not a random employee trying to get you to book a cruise to get their bonus.

Bret

That would be true if the ship was not already scheduled to disembark passengers in Miami. But MSC already has numerous passengers scheduled to disembark in Miami, so getting off there instead of Port Canaveral will not need an emergency, CBP approval or cause a fine.  Customs agents will be ready and waiting for a few hundred scheduled to disembark. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Unfortunately, that info is not exactly correct.

If the ship is coming from Europe, then I see no problem disembarking in Miami since it's the first United States' port. There would be no fines involved. Now if the sailing originated in the United States such as at NYC or Port Canaveral, then one cannot get off in Miami. That would be sailing from one U.S. port to another U.S. port on a foreign-flagged ship and is not allowed and is subject to a fine. The O.P. needs to clarify where the sailing originates.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH