Princess Airport Transfers When You Fly In A Day Early (LHR)

Jadn13

I can't speak to the specific hotel that you are using...but *most* hotels (almost everywhere) will not allow check-ins before noon and very often not until possibly 3:00pm.  That being said...they understand that this is an issue and we have *never* failed to have a hotel hold our bags for us (in a secure room) while we do a bit of sightseeing and while our room is being prepared.

2 hours ago, kootz said:

Not understanding why you have said this?  My question is my flight will get in very early from Florida. Most hotels do not let you check in until mid afternoon. I was asking the person that recommended the Holiday Inn if they were allowed to check in early.

Don't stay at the airport.  Take the National Express bus (cost around $25) from LHR to Southampton and stay at the Moxy hotel.  Then take an Uber to the ship the next morning.  Depending on when your flight arrives, you'll need an hour or so to clear customs and immigration and collect any checked luggage and get to the National Express stops at LHR. 

Then a little over an hour to Southampton and a 10 minute walk to the Moxy/  I've checked in there and been in my room by early afternoon, and if your room isn't ready they'll hold your luggage so you can walk around and get some lunch at a pub.

The Moxy is a Marriott brand so you get/can redeem Bonvoy points if you have them and book through the hotel website and not a 3rd party site.

Edited by DCThunder

5 hours ago, kootz said:

Not understanding why you have said this?  My question is my flight will get in very early from Florida. Most hotels do not let you check in until mid afternoon. I was asking the person that recommended the Holiday Inn if they were allowed to check in early.

We booked a day earlier to be able to check in upon arrival. (Used points) 

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

We booked a day earlier to be able to check in upon arrival. (Used points) 

So you booked for 2 nights even though it was really only one night?  Sounds like a plan for me. 

7 hours ago, kootz said:

Think we were allowed to check in around noon as they had a room available. When making our reservation, we are given the option to checkin early  if rooms are cleaned 

55 minutes ago, kootz said:

So you booked for 2 nights even though it was really only one night?  Sounds like a plan for me. 

Yes, but reach out to the hotel ahead of time so they know your plan

Edited by Jadn13