Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

9 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Although disappointingly, only 3 and 4 night cruises......

it sure is disappointing. they only did 1x 5 night, and only 1x 8 night sailing. with the rest of the six months being 3-4 night sailings…

And the 8 nighter to Indonesia finishes the day schools go back for us. 

Was hoping for the 5 night penang and phuket but just has the 4s. Hm

the repo from China to Singapore is interesting but dates dont work for me... the rest are expected.. think RCI model for Asia are all the short cruises..

Anyone has the Singapore deployment borchure to share?

There were no surprises here, looks like a repeat of the 2025 season, which is fine by me.  I do wish they had more of the 5 day cruise options, but I was looking for mid February anyway, so I went and booked that today.  I wanted a short cruise as an add on to my Asia land tour that also originates from Singapore, so this is just what I wanted.  Pricing on the same 5 day cruise in 2025 has gone up quite a bit, so I'm happy to book early now.

The pricing of these cruises are pretty unattractive to me especially with these repetitive itineraries. I think this is due to the lack of choices in Singapore as RCCL and Genting are the only companies with ships home ported here. Until things change, I'd rather go for land tours in Malaysia or Thailand instead which would offer better itineraries,accommodations and food at a far more competitive price.

2 hours ago, chickychubs said:

The pricing of these cruises are pretty unattractive to me especially with these repetitive itineraries. I think this is due to the lack of choices in Singapore as RCCL and Genting are the only companies with ships home ported here. Until things change, I'd rather go for land tours in Malaysia or Thailand instead which would offer better itineraries,accommodations and food at a far more competitive price.

Short cruises, repetitive itineraries and high prices is now Royal’s MO globally.

We all hate it, but it seems to be working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Does anyone have an ideas what is happening with Radiance and Serenede after Sept 2025?

I think someone said Serenade has a few port bookings in the Caribbean but bring a extra ship to Sydney.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Short cruises, repetitive itineraries and high prices is now Royal’s MO globally.

We all hate it, but it seems to be working.

Short cruises ,short distance and more port days keeps their carbon emissions down 

On 5/15/2024 at 2:56 AM, little britain said:

During pandemic all trips refunded in full - the only trip I lost money on was on an airfare via TAP - so much for European protection!!

My recent cruises which were cancelled - USA TA refunded within 24 hrs. 
UK TA took several weeks and still haven’t actually sent me an email yet telling me the trip has been cancelled. 
I know who I’d rather book with. 🤷‍♀️

On 5/15/2024 at 5:01 PM, Donsyb said:

Although disappointingly, only 3 and 4 night cruises......

On 5/15/2024 at 8:30 AM, little britain said:

My US TA had this on his site 2 days ago. Nice prices. $1159 for a balcony before C&A discount.

There are plenty of good prices.  I open groups and if gotten when they first come up always can beat next cruise the same day they open Ie: Jewel 8/22/24 Iceland etc .  Opened at 2 am in the morning at 700 less pp than next cruise.  Could have been a fluke, but my groups were ecstatic.  It pays not to sleep well!.  I only booked Europe individuals that had essences in Florida.  Just choose a US agent wisely.  I hate to say some are not always what they seem.  Always make sure deposit and all payments are done through Royal.  When asked if I take credit cards the answer is always no. No checks, cash or credit cards. I pay RCL with customer credit card. Refunds come from Royal not me.  As they say, Buyer Beware!    Just do your homework. There a plenty of good ones.  Ask friends who they use and if happy.

Hope this info helps.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:56 AM, little britain said:

During pandemic all trips refunded in full - the only trip I lost money on was on an airfare via TAP - so much for European protection!!

UK TA took several weeks and still haven’t actually sent me an email yet telling me the trip has been cancelled. 

You’re still doing extremely well with your agent.

I need your travel agency.

I’ve just booked today again direct with Royal as for the second time my USA TA amazingly has come out more expensive than booking direct.

I obviously asked her to reprice on both occasions but each time couldn’t match Royal direct.

Never experienced that before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

You’re still doing extremely well with your agent.

I need your travel agency.

I’ve just booked today again direct with Royal as for the second time my USA TA amazingly has come out more expensive than booking direct.

I obviously asked her to reprice on both occasions but each time couldn’t match Royal direct.

Never experienced that before.

What did you book? I am on Anthem now and checking some prices?

8 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Wonder September 22nd and 29th

Most of our cruises however are in the Mediterranean nowadays.

The Wonder is one of my favorites.  Great ship..  Enjoy.

2 hours ago, Barley928 said:

The Wonder is one of my favorites.  Great ship..  Enjoy.

Yes and ours as are all the “o” class.

We were lucky enough to cruise on her round the Mediterranean a couple of years ago.

3 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Yes and ours as are all the “o” class.

We were lucky enough to cruise on her round the Mediterranean a couple of years ago.

We did the Odyssey in a Jr suite which was a lift n shift from Empress when they decided to scrap her.  So we lucked out wirh a fantastic price on a site. Then fall of 23 we did Holyland which turned to be Greece and Turkey and then TA. Love her.  Anthem is close.  They will add stuff before she goes to Asia empty oct/Nov. We were told by HD what they were doing during the trip wirh just crew.  Plus 49 days drydock before the 4/13/25 Singapore to Toyko. Bionic bar is going away FOR 1 THING.  All carpeting in public areas will be changed and that's just to start with. On the trip to Asia with just crew they will sanitize the ship completely. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Barley928 said:

Empress when they decided to scrap her. 

She's been sailing West Indian coast itineraries from Mumbai for quite a while after she was transferred to Cordella Cruises.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

She's been sailing West Indian coast itineraries from Mumbai for quite a while after she was transferred to Cordella Cruises.

Great to hear she was not scraped after all. 

On 5/16/2024 at 3:29 AM, Phamer55 said:

There were no surprises here, looks like a repeat of the 2025 season, which is fine by me.  I do wish they had more of the 5 day cruise options, but I was looking for mid February anyway, so I went and booked that today.  I wanted a short cruise as an add on to my Asia land tour that also originates from Singapore, so this is just what I wanted.  Pricing on the same 5 day cruise in 2025 has gone up quite a bit, so I'm happy to book early now.

Yes no real surprise, I was just slightly disappointed at no 5 night during Christmas and pairing the 4 night and 8 night to Bali didn’t work for school term days. 
we decided on a 12 night celebrity from Bali to Singapore via penang port Klang Phuket langkawi, overnights at Penang and Phuket. Overnight for new years at Phuket so should be interesting 

On 5/15/2024 at 8:56 AM, little britain said:

The European air passenger rights law just netted my partner and I 1200€ (our long haul flight was delayed for four hours).

Since your trip was cancelled due to exceptional circumstances (the pandemic), they don't have to compensate you, but they must offer you a choice of full refund or an alternative route to your destination. Obviously some airlines aren't keen on paying out and try to get you to give up through dreadful customer service, but I would just keep insisting until they cough up. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 6:11 PM, Biker19 said:

No, usually not till later in the summer -there's not much info before then.

It does seem that some summer 2026 port bookings have started appearing recently, although at this point they don't indicate much other than which ship is planned for Southampton.